Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Constance Wallace ~ an interview and her novel ~ Legends of Green Isle: The Forgotten Spell (Book 1)



Warning this material is of a young adult nature.
If you're over 18 ~ well, you’ve been warned.


I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Constance Wallace


BIO –
Hi, I’m a Masters Grad student at Clemson University. I decided to reinvent myself at 45 and got my BA from Young Harris College in 2013. As an educator, I’m really into creating things for kids, which is why I wanted to make this wonderful tale for young readers. I live in the mountains of North Georgia with about 6 cats, 4 dogs, a bunch of fish and the occasional chicken from the neighbor’s house. 

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: How would you describe yourself as a color? Think personality here. Are you a light and airy pastel person, or more of a deep, dark, sultry and mysterious color?
A: I always think in Pink! Pink is such a wonderful color. It’s happy and light and wonderfully summer.


Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = The white of the snow on the ridge across the valley.
            Spring            = My tulips when they come up for the first time.
            Summer = Camping and trail-riding
            Fall = The smell of leaves burning         

Q: When you think of a garden, do you picture vegetables or flowers?
A: I picture both! I have raised beds that house a mixture of veggies, herbs, and flowers.

Q: If your life were a movie would it be considered an action film, comedy, drama, romance, fantasy or a combination?
A: It would most certainly be a comedy. There is a never-ending string of goofy misfortunes that my boyfriend and I go through. For example: we have run-ins with the local deer population at least three times in the last six months and one time when my boyfriend was driving down the highway in his truck, someone threw a cigarette out the window and lit the hay in the truck bed on fire. He said he couldn’t figure out where the smoke was coming from until he looked in the rearview mirror. 


Q: Coffee or Tea?

A:  Definitely a Coffee Lover!

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: When I was in high school. A friend and I would sit back in Trig class and write Sci-fi romances. (Battlestar Galactic was big then and we both swooned over Starbuck).

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: Many of my ideas come from my dreams. They are like movies, big screen, IMAX and in color. I wake up in the middle of the night and make notes on my Ipad.

Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: Characters seem to be the hardest. I want to make sure they each have their own characteristics and that these elements come out in the story. It would be boring if they all sounded alike.

Q: Who's your favorite author?
A: One of my favorite authors is Terry Brooks. I read and reread his Shannara series when I was young. And a close runner up would be Kurt Vonnegut.

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A:  I have an idea, but sometimes the story starts to write itself as the characters take over in my head and make their own story.


BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: Currently Book two in the series is in editing mode. “The Mirror Sliver” is the second in the Legends of Green Isle series and will be out next fall.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A:  Yes, I do. Here are the links. ~ 

AUTHOR LINKS:
 
AMAZON US: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017T02OQQ
AMAZON UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017T02OQQ
BARNES & NOBLE: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-forgotten-spell-constance-wallace/1122928023?ean=2940156676262
KOBO: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-forgotten-spell
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Constance_Wallace_The_Forgotten_Spell?id=kt_kCgAAQBAJ&hl=en
SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/591860
iBOOKS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/forgotten-spell-legends-green/id1057755683?mt=11
CREATESPACE: https://www.createspace.com/5838818
PAPERBACK: http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Spell-Legends-Green-Isle/dp/1518888445/ref=sr_1_2_twi_pap_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447471044&sr=8-2&keywords=Constance+Wallace


Excerpt:
“If you must know, the fairies are angry with me,” Sonya snarled. “So they bewitched this stupid bell, and it can’t be taken off. They want to make sure anyone can hear me coming. See. The green ribbon has no clasp.”

“Yeah, you’re right, there isn’t any clasp at all,” Miranda said as she felt along the ribbon on Sonya’s neck.

“If the fairies don’t like this cat, then there’s probably a good reason,” Chester chimed in. “Perhaps we should let her alone.”

“What did you do to make them so mad?” Matt asked as he squatted down beside Miranda to study the animal. He was curious at the particular punishment the fairies had dealt out on the animal, and inwardly agreed with the horse.

Sonya walked around Miranda, purring softly, her tail swaying as she rubbed against the girl’s side. “I can become invisible.” She giggled and vanished. Matt and Miranda drew back in surprise, looking at each other in disbelief. In the next instance, Sonya reappeared in front of Thomas, making him jump. “See, I would sneak up on them and materialize, just like that,” she stated as she softly laughed. “Serves them right for being like they are.”

“We really should be going,” the horse whinnied. “I think this feline is dangerous for us all.”

“I gave many of those fairies a good scare, and nearly killed some of them from fear alone.” Sonya pretended to pounce at an imaginary fairy, her claws uncoiled as she swiped at the air. Her demeanor changed just as quickly and she sat down contently on Thomas’ foot, licking her paw.

“If ya don’t mind, please don’t do it again. Gee whiz, I don’t like havin’ somethin’ appearin’ right in front of me, especially when I’m not expectin’ it,” the older boy demanded, shaking the cat from his shoe.

“Imagine having a cat like Sonya at home. It would be fun scaring Mom, don’t ya think?” Ned said with a wide grin.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve seen people from the other side,” she purred demurely. “Ever since I came through the portal with my master, I’ve been lost on Green Isle, unable to get out.”

“Would you like to travel with us?” Miranda offered sweetly. “After we rescue our cousins and Matt’s brother Toby from that warlock, Uthal, we’re gonna go back home to Earth. You can come, too.”

“We don’t know anything about this cat,” Matt interjected. “If the fairies didn’t like her very much, then maybe we shouldn’t either.”

“Matt’s very correct in that assumption. We really should be going,” Chester stated firmly.

“Ya’ll can’t judge her like that. She’s been stuck here without anyone and needs our help and all.”

“I think you’re making a big mistake trusting her so quickly. There’s something about her…”

“Nonsense.” Miranda dismissed Matt’s objections with a wave of her hand. She offered their assistance again to the cat. “We’ll show you how to get back. Do ya want to travel with us?”


I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter.

A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Connie this is amazing!! Good luck on this new adventure, I have been wanting to re-invent myself.... very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.