Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Erica Lucke Dean ~ an interview and her novel Jewles of Desire







I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Erica Lucke Dean


Author Bio:
After walking away from her career as a business banker to pursue writing full-time,

Erica Lucke Dean moved from the hustle and bustle of the big city to a small tourist town in the North Georgia Mountains, where she lives in a 90-year-old haunted farmhouse with her workaholic husband, her 180 lb lap dog, and at least one ghost.

When she’s not writing or tending to her collection of crazy chickens and diabolical ducks, she’s either reading bad fan fiction or singing karaoke in the local pub. Much like the main character in her first book, To Katie With Love, Erica is a magnet for disaster and has been known to trip on air while walking across flat surfaces.

How she’s managed to survive this long is one of life’s great mysteries.

  
BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: How would you describe yourself as a color? Think personality here. Are you a light and airy pastel person, or more of a deep, dark, sultry and mysterious color?
A: I am a mood ring. Most days you’ll find me as a nice sunny blue, but some days, I’m more of a muddy green. But you’d better watch out for those dark and stormy days. Luckily, they only come up about once a month. ;)

Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: If morning person means I’m just going to bed as the sun comes up, then yes, I’m a morning person. No, seriously, I’m a midnight candle burner. I really want to be a morning person. I’ve seen a few mornings, and they’re lovely. But I have no internal clock telling me to wake up. If the dogs don’t have to pee, I’ll still be in bed at noon.

Q: How do you feel when a reader (or a fan) takes the time to contact you?
A: I absolutely LOVE when readers take the time to reach out to me. I love talking about my characters and finding out what people would like to see them get into next. That’s an invitation, people. ;)

Q: Tell me something you would like your readers (fans) to know about you.
A: I live on a working farm with assorted fowl and swine, as well as a few really big dogs that are mistaken for ponies from time to time.
Q: Snack of choice – chips, pretzels, popcorn, or cookies, cake, candy? Or maybe you’re a healthy snacker - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins?
A: I wish I was a health food nut, my jeans would like me if I were, but I’m afraid to say I’m a junk food junkie. I’m forever asking my husband to bring me home candy to satisfy my sweet tooth. Oh, how I wish I’d never discovered the pure joy of chocolate and peanut butter.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: I’ve been writing as far back as I can remember. I was that kid in school who made up elaborate stories and shared them with class. Then I went to college and my father convinced me to major in computer science so I’d have a “fallback position” if the writing didn’t work out. So um, yeah, I switched to English Lit the next semester. I definitely have a knack for working on computers, but writing is my passion.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: I find ideas in the weirdest places. When I wrote my first book, To Katie With Love, I was working in a bank. Everyone who worked with me back then can see themselves in the characters of that book. LOL. Thank goodness they’re happy with how I portrayed them.

Q: When crafting the story do you go from beginning to end, or do you jump around writing the scenes that are pushing themselves forward in your brain?
A:  I tend to write books from beginning to end, in order. However, I do some times skip forward to jot down things that I want to happen as they come to me. I almost always plan the story all the way through before writing. I don’t do a full outline, just a loose guideline so I don’t go off track along the way.

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A: I usually know how the book will end, but sometimes I’m not entirely sure what path I’ll take to get there. That being said, I have changed my mind about an ending along the way. I like to give myself enough flexibility for the story to happen organically.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: Right now, I’m working on sequels to two of my other books, as well as getting ready to promote Suddenly Spellbound, the sequel to Suddenly Sorceress. So I guess you could say I’m pretty busy, and yet I usually feel like a lazy slacker. I’m embarrassed to admit Facebook takes up far more of my day than it should.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Suddenly Spellbound is the next adventure in the Ivie McKie Chronicles. It’s currently available for pre-order and comes out January 26th.  I’m super excited to see this one hit the ground.  Book description follows~ 
Something witchy this way comes.

Kindergarten-teacher-slash-sorceress Ivie McKie has officially sworn off magic. With her father back from the dead—just in time for her upcoming wedding to sexy former magician Jackson Blake—Ivie has plotted a course straight to happily-ever-after-ville. And she won’t let anything get in her way this time.

But Daddy Dearest has something sneaky up his sleeve. When “just one more spell” goes horribly wrong and detours her into the path of her father’s dangerously hot new apprentice, Ivie has to scramble to get the magic… and her love life… back on track.

Along the way, she encounters a promise made before she was born, a clan of Scottish sorcerers in kilts, and yet another goat.

Suddenly Spellbound is a new madcap adventure featuring Ivie McKie from Suddenly Sorceress.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: You can find me here:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EricaLuckeDean
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ericaluckedean

Buy links:
Jewels of Desire on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1PnSIA7
Jewels of Desire on Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1XQYTQf
Jewels of Desire on Red Adept Publishing: http://bit.ly/1PnSSaz

Blurb:

Jewels of Desire
By Erica Lucke Dean & Elise Delacroix

Diamond Duplicity:
Passion hotter than stolen diamonds Lucy Matthews can’t believe her crazy luck. While she’s on a date with Mr. Wrong, her evening tilts from merely unfortunate to downright surreal when his attempt to sneak them into a club lands them in the middle of a diamond heist.

When gorgeous Max Callaghan discovers a hot and disheveled Lucy clutching his bag of diamonds at the crime scene, he brands her with a fiery kiss. His gang wants her dead, so Max rescues her by claiming her as his girlfriend. Lucy soon realizes with sudden, pulse-pounding clarity that she needs Max for another reason entirely, but their passionate ruse might not survive the intense pressure of a high-stakes mob war.

Ruby Ransom:
Romancing the ruby...

Red Callaghan climbs into bed after a wild night of clubbing... and wakes up with a gun to her head. Fortunately, she knows more about weapons than her would-be kidnapper, and she manages to disarm him then turn the tables by seducing him.

When shy chemist Will gets roped into settling his father’s gambling debt, he thinks the ruby he’s tasked to steal is a precious stone. He soon finds out it’s actually the daughter of a rival crime lord.

After striking a compromise, Red and Will collide in one explosive sexual encounter after another while executing their plan to teach both sides a lesson.


A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.