Thursday, January 21, 2016

Savannah Hill ~ an interview and her novel ~ Paramour for the Devil






I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Savannah Hill

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: I like classic rock and newer rock/metal. Stairway to Heaven is a great one. I’m also a huge fan of Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer. They all have the same lead singer, but each band has their own beautiful, unique sound.

Q: Tell me one thing that your spouse does that really endears him/her to you. One thing that annoys you. These can be tiny little things, actually the smaller the better.
A: He really is my soulmate, so I love when weeks or months after a conversation, (usually one I didn’t even think he was paying attention to) he’ll make a random hilarious joke about something small I mentioned. He is actually a great listener. And so funny.

Q: Have you ever been too embarrassed to promote any certain titles to friends or family?
A: Oh definitely. I don’t really hold back when I’m writing, so my books get very dirty and violent. I love when dark circumstances bring the lovers together in a shocking way. I think my close family members probably view me differently after reading certain scenes. Eek! So embarrassing. It comes with the territory of writing erotic romance.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: I like to craft twisty stories with a lot of different emotions. Basically, I want my stories to be a wild ride from beginning to end. The difficult part for me is making it all fit perfectly together and blend well. It takes a lot of serious thought and is such a glorious victory when it finally falls into place.

Q: Have your characters ever taken the story in a different direction than you had originally planned? Do you have a for instance, for us?
A: Yes. In some cases, the sweet banter between the characters seems to write itself, I love when that happens. Also sometimes the scene ends up much darker than I had ever planned. For instance, in Paramour for the Devil, it was around 2 or 3 AM and I intended to write a brief flashback scene of Haley’s escape from Hell. I read those pages the next day with very wide eyes. LOL When it’s an all-nighter, it’s easy to black out during a writing session and forget what you wrote entirely.

Q: Generally speaking, is your work based on real life experience? If it's not would you want it to be?
A: Yes, I certainly use themes from my own relationship for my characters’ romances. Ultimately, the insane things that happen in my books are just products of my imagination, but yes, they are mostly elaborate fantasies of mine, so I’d love to experience them.

Q: How does the man in your life feel about the genre you write? Has he read any of your work?
A: I read my work to him out loud and he really enjoys the action scenes. He likes when the male characters do badass things like fight their way out of an attack or when the hated villain gets exactly what they have coming to them.


BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it? 
A: Right now, I’m writing Seducing the Devil, the sequel to Paramour. Haley and Damian are on a dark path through Hell, I’ve had a lot of fun writing this one.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: As soon as I’m finished with Seducing, I’ll be moving on to the next two novels in the Hawthorne Witches series. Those are revolving around Haley’s cousins, Emily and Cassie. They both fall in love with dangerous men.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: Yes, I do. Just click on one of these and you’ll find me.

Buy Links:
Paramour for the Devil: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015Y80IL8/,
Unchained Love: http://amzn.to/1XmIer1

Paramour for the Devil ~ Blurb:
The Hawthorne Witches Series Book One

Darkly erotic. Supremely powerful.

Haley Hawthorne is a witch. She shuns her paranormal gifts, instead escaping into a mundane, reclusive life as an accountant for her Uncle Eli's firm. Five years earlier, Haley was kidnapped by Raden, brother of Lucifer, and held captive as his personal sex slave. She escaped but still bears the scars, both physical and emotional. Now she has turned away from both magic and sex, and she's certain nothing will ever bring those lost things back into her life...

Damian, son to Lucifer, has renounced his right to the throne of Hell and has become a soldier for Adversus, hunting evil supernatural creatures on Earth. Unfortunately, he's powerless to witches, and this witch can read his mind. He can't decide what is more dangerous—the irresistible attraction he feels for her, or the intoxicating peace she gives him. One thing is certain, they both share a tortured past.

After Damian rescues her from an attack by monstrous djinn, Haley discovers the dangerously seductive soldier has secrets of his own. One of them is the collection of whips, ropes, handcuffs, and leather riding crops he keeps locked away, though he refuses to show her his "Master" side. As her trust in him grows, she finds herself increasingly intrigued by all the kinky things he's hiding. But Damian has been given a new mission to kill a monster. A monster that turns out to be her uncle...

I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter.  I hope you had fun with the Q & A’s

 Thanks so much! 



A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
 Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.