Monday, October 10, 2016

Diana Strenka ~ an interview and her novel ~ Blackbeard's Daughter






I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Diana Strenka
Author Bio – 
 Diana has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, and a Master's Degree in Education. In addition to Blackbeard's Daughter, she has authored and self-published several short stories on Smashwords and Amazon. One such title is Rescuing the Titanic, an account of the Californian's arrival prior to the sinking of the Titanic. In the nonfiction realm, she has published several articles for HubPages on medieval and renaissance historical figures. She enjoys spending time with her cat, Moe, and drinking tea.

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: If you could morph into any creature what would it be?
A:  I would be an eagle.
            If you don’t mind me asking, why?   
A: I would love to fly.  When I was younger, I always dreamed of it.
           
Q: What sound or noise do you love? What about hate?
A:  My favorite sound is the silence of falling snow, because of its calming nature.  I used to live in upstate New York, and I am accustomed to heavy snowfall.  I hate the sound of mechanical pencils on paper, which is why I only use number 2 pencils.  The scratching of the graphite is not a pleasurable feeling or sound to me! 

Q: Dress up or dress down?
A: I love to dress up!  One of these days, I am going to purchase a historical gown for myself.  I would love a Victorian-esque gown.  It’s one of my dreams to just walk around my house in a fancy dress, and imagine I am from a different time.  

Q: Pets? Do you have any?
A: I have a cat named Moe!  He is a little over a year old, and he is much loved.  He gets into mischief, but he’s so sweet.  I got him when he was just six weeks old!

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: How did you come to write your genera of choice?
A:  I’ve always loved history.  I have watched Tudors and White Queen, and I currently own both the Elizabeth films as well as a variety of other historical films.  So really, I see the historical fiction genre as an extension of myself.  I wish I could go back in time, and experience that life (with modern-day medicine, of course)!

Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A: My favorite part of writing is getting lost in a character’s world, and being surprised by what naturally evolves.

Q: What geographical locations are your favorite and why?
A:  I love to write about English history in particular, because for some reason I am really drawn to it.  Though, recently, I’ve started taking an interest in Italian history.  I found the show Borgia on Netflix, and I’ve been burning through the episodes!

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I am currently working on several works in progress at the moment, including a sequel to Blackbeard’s Daughter.  In the sequel, Margaret and Robert are trying to move on.  However, they are soon caught up in another drama as their past chases after them.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A:  It will be a while until this book is released.  The title will be Searching for Blackbeard’s Treasure.  Keep an eye out! 

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A:  Yes!  You can find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/booksaregifts.

 You can purchase my book, Blackbeard’s Daughter, at


Blurb:
Colonial dreams have become piratical nightmares. Margaret takes one disastrous turn after the other as she confronts the perils of murder, war, and revenge. When her father boards a pirate's vessel, she joins him in an effort to save his life. Will she weather the storms ahead, or will they destroy her?


 A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.