Monday, January 5, 2015

S.C. Houff ~ an interview and her novel Spring Blessings



 I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
S. C. Houff

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=S+C+Houff&search-alias=books&text=S+C+Houff&sort=relevancerank


Spring Blessings
First Book in the From the:
Files of the Department of the Arcane Series
By S.C. Houff
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Synopsis
Asher Stone didn't want to be a hero. After spending two years recovering from an isolating drug habit, his life was getting on track. He had a girlfriend who he loved very much. He was holding down a job and had a repaired relationship with his mother. One day, Asher was attacked by a manticore that escaped the clutches an order of magi and his world gets turned upside down. Now, Asher is dealing with old temptations and new problems and a destiny that he has to embrace or the fate of the world will crash down on him. The only thing Asher can hope is that Blessings and Hope do spring eternal in this first book in a series.

Author Bio

S.C. Houff was born in the backwoods of Southwestern Virginia to a small town lawyer and a recovering radical.  She has been a telemarketer, a part-time educator and occasional bodyguard but now is working on writing.  She has started working on her very first novel which is fun for everyone.  When she is not writing she’s perusing her other love which is history.  She also is an avid fan all things nerdy and fun. 
While she’s not received any accolades for her writing, S.C. Houff is a two time Geography B champion.

Links








BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: I used to be a night person.  I was pretty happy with that but as I get older I seem to be a later afternoon person as oppose to being a morning person.  I have a tendency to fall asleep pretty early for me anymore which is sort of upsetting to me.

Q: If you could morph into any creature what would it be?
 A:  The husband I used to say I was a panda but the older I get my spirit animal has seemed to change to something more like a goat.  So I would be a goat.
            If you don’t mind me asking, why?   
A: They’re amazing…duh.  They are smarter than they look.  The can stand on high things and dance when they’re excited.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A:  I love music and more so than people.  So I listen to a lot of different things.  I like punk and a lot of ecletic sort of things.  I am literally all over the place with music anyone who follows me on Spotify knows that.  I don’t know if I have a favorite song just yet…or one I’d admit too.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: Who's your favorite author?
A:  I think it’s obviously my love of Neil Gaiman but I’m also a huge fan of Irvine Welsh which is how I learned to write a novel.  But I really like quirky things and authors.  Right now Neil Gaiman.

Q: Would you ever consider a joint project?
A: In a heartbeat.  A lot of my problem with writing a novel is that I am all by myself and I miss having a co-conspirator.  I would love to work on a joint project.

Q: Do you write long hand first, or does it go straight into the computer?
A: Ready for this?  First I type out an outline or basic story then I sit down and I write that out to flesh out the story.  Then I write it again working on grammar as much as I can. Then I type it up and then re-write it again before I go through the editing.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A:  I am currently working on the art and the beta draft for my second book. I’m hoping to have it out for sale by the summer.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: I do!  It’s a follow up to Spring Blessings.  I’m calling it Summer Sacrifice.  It has the same characters kinda sort with Spring but it’s about a vampire named Doyle and his brother Carson and what’s going on there.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A:  Well, I’m on Facebook (www.facebook.com/doapropaganda) we have a web site www.cahircus.com and you can check us out on Amazon and Barnes and Noble

Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.
A: I am doing one through Sage and I’ll be at ETSU Con in February.


Excerpt from Spring Blessings:
She flew back into Puck's lap gracefully as a duck into a still pond.  She straddled his jeaned lap as she settled finally on top of him.  Puck let out a half serious "oomph" as she settled into him.  He grinned at her as she pushed down along his assaulted crotch letting her bare thighs ride him gently.  Her pale hand shoved itself into Puck's face.  He smiled watching a semi-shiny plastic jelly ring as it danced gently in the office light.

"I traded two silver coins with an old man on them to a robot thing at the mall."  She announced to Puck.  "What do you think?"

"It's very rare to get something like that from robots."  Said Puck putting his hands on her rounded hips.  "You are the luckiest water nymph in all of creation."

            Amaya let out a delighted giggle that sounded like a bubbling brook.  She wrapped her arms around his neck again hugging deeply.  Puck let out a contented sigh taking in the scent of rain and nightfall.  The flow of their happiness engulfed them like a thick fur blanket.  The thing space filled between them with an inner peace that was hard to shatter.

            What shattered that inner peace was a loud crash that echoed thought he lobby of Goodfellow's Comics.  Puck and Amaya both froze in place listening to clamor that had invaded their space.  He buried his head into her cleavage in an attempt to hide as he analyzed the ruckus that called from beyond the walls.  It was a rare occasion that Puck prayed in any matter or fashion.  Relgion was not something that the fae worried themselves with too much.  He knew most powerful god like beings.  He never felt like praying to anyone he knew personally.   However, he suddenly found himself being very spiritual.  He prayed for a car crash or at least a burglar.  He prayed for to be anything, anything at all, than what he feared.  He buried his face into Amaya's breast hoping against hope for anything other than what he thought it was.




Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.