Saturday, February 14, 2015

Amanda Siemen ~ an interview and her novel ~ Scandalous Endeavors




I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Amanda Siemen


Bio:
Amanda Marie dreams of days gone by when life moved at a slower pace. She enjoys taking pen to paper and exploring historical time periods through her imagination and the written word. Her hobbies include reading, writing, crocheting, traveling, photography, and spending time with her family. Some of Amanda Marie's favorite places in the continental U.S. are Harper's Ferry West Virginia and Sea Brook New Hampshire. She loves the history that surrounds them and visits them every chance she gets.

Amanda Marie lives along the Lake Huron shore line in northern Michigan with her husband and two kids. She holds a Master of Liberal Arts Degree with a concentration in literature and has a long standing love affair with sugary junk food.



BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: Neither. I have always abhorred mornings. Once upon a time I did burn the candle but can’t seem to do it anymore. I would say I am an afternoon person. My prime hours seem to be noon to nine.

Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = Hot coca with my kids.
            Spring            = Seeing new life everywhere I look.
            Summer = Watching my kids splash at the beach.
            Fall = This is hard because it is my favorite season. I love everything about it. Cider mills, colorful leaves, Thanksgiving and Halloween, the kids going back to school…I could go on and on…Lol.

Q: How do you feel when a reader (or a fan) takes the time to contact you?
A: Incredibly blessed that they would take the time to contact me. I get a big smile every time I see a message from a fan. It is humbling to know that someone read my work and liked it enough to reach out to me.

Q: If you could morph into any creature what would it be?
A: A horse, but it would have to be a wild one. Or maybe an Eagle.
            If you don’t mind me asking, why?   
A: I would love to run across a meadow feeling wild and free. I also think it would be cool to soar above the lands exploring. I think both of these animals are majestic and would be honored to spend some time in their bodies.
           
Q: When you think of a garden, do you picture vegetables or flowers?
A: Flowers. I have a rose garden in my back yard and adore it. Every year I say I am going to add some more flowers to it. Daffodils maybe, but then I don’t. Perhaps this will be the year I actually do it.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: I love music and listen to many different genres. Pop, Country, Oldies, and Rock are my main ones with Country being my favorite. It depends on the day what my favorite song is.  The Dance by Garth Brooks is one I have always loved. I also love Cowgirls Don’t cry by Reba Macintyre. Averill Levine, Toby Keith, and Kid Rock are some of my favorite artists. I also love Guns and Roses, Poison, Bon Jovi, and Aerosmith. Then there is always Carry Underwood, Jerry Lee Louis, and so many others. I just love music!

Q: Snack of choice – chips, pretzels, popcorn, or cookies, cake, candy? Or maybe you’re a healthy snacker - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins?
A: Sugary sweet things and a dose of nuts. I could live on pistachio’s and Oreo’s.

Q: Favorite color?
A: Green in any dark or vibrant shade.

Q: Dress up or dress down?
A: It depends on what I am doing. I vote for dress down most of the time but also like to dress up on occasion.

Q: Dine in or dine out?
A: Dine out. Food always tastes better when I do not have to cook it.

Q: Texting, love it or hate it?
A: Hate it. I always have to much to say and it takes forever to type it into a text. I only text if what I have to say requires less than a sentence.

Q: Pets? Do you have any?
A: I do. Two main coon cat’s keep me company at home. Thunder is brown and Ezra is grey. They make great companions. 


BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: I have always written but did not get serious about it until I wrote Scandalous Endeavors. I can remember when I was in middle school filling notebooks with poems and short stories. Then in college I took writing classes for fun. I never imagined I would become an author until I wrote about half of Scandalous Endeavors. At that point I was like “wholly wow, I’m writing a book” and there was no turning back.

Q: Your favorite title?
A: Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With The Wind. I watched the movie when I was just a small girl with my dad. It immediately became a favorite. After that dad and I would watch it every year at Thanksgiving. Eventually he bought me my own copy and I watched it all the time. When I got older and discovered it was a book first I had to have it. The book got as much wear as the movie did.

Q: Would you ever consider a joint project?
A: I am actually working on one right now with my friend author Dawn Brower. It is a contemporary romance about a princess from a small island nation. She wants freedoms that are not granted to her so she switches places with a village girl who looks just like her. I am writing the heroines point of view and Dawn is writing the hero’s. We titled it A Veiled Identity.

Q: Are you a sit down and play it by ear kind of writer, or do you need a structured guideline, or maybe a little of both?
A: I am a blend. I plot out what I want to happen in my head. Once I have an idea I decide how many chapters and make very short 1-3 word notes to use as a guide. I do plan out my characters and keep a cheat-sheet nearby as I write.

Q: Do you like to read the genre that you write?
A: Yes! I adore romance novels and historical romances have always been my favorite.


BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I have three projects going right now. Two historical romances and a contemporary. You can find out more about them in the next answer and above. 

Here is an excerpt from Scandalous Arrangement:

“I do not believe that you have any honor, and am not fool enough to believe this to be an innocent dance. You want something from me.” She peered up at him.

He grinned. “Perhaps I do.”

“You are wasting your time sir.” 

“Unless, of course, ‘tis simply a dance.”

“You just stated that you wanted something from me.” Sarah balled her free hand in the fabric of her skirts. If she were less of a lady she would smack him for toying with her.
“No, I said perhaps I wanted something. That means I could very well want nothing.” He arched one dark, brow and a chestnut lock of hair flopped onto his forehead. 

Bloody hell the man was attractive. Sarah stared into his shamrock eyes. “Enough with your game, tell me what you want, Lord Luvington.”

“Tonight?” he asked on a sigh.

“Yes, tonight.” Sarah bit out through clinched teeth.

“Tonight I want to hold you.” He grinned rakishly.

Sarah blushed at the implication and turned her head to look out into the crowd. She desired not to discuss the matter further. Clearly he would not tell her anything of importance. 

He pulled her scandalously close and leaned in until his lips brushed her ear. “Tomorrow I want to get to know you better.”

The waltz ended and he released her. Before she could form a thought he walked off and left her standing there alone.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: I am hoping to have the sequel to Scandalous Endeavors titled Scandalous Arrangement out this summer. My publisher has requested that I deliver it to them by the end of March. I am also working on a medieval romance titled Once A Lady and hope for a December release. I do not have an end date for A Veiled Identity.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A:  Here are my social links:

Join Amanda Marie on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/AuthorAmandaMarie1
Visit her blog at http://musingsbymandy.wordpress.com/
Write to Amanda Marie at amandamarieauthor@gmail.com
Follow her on Twitter www.twitter.com/AmandaMarieAuth
Amazon Author Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00RKDC3CI
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/10209362.Amanda_Marie

And here are buy links for Scandalous Endeavors:
Amazon: http://amzn.com/B00QH0PGNS
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/scandalous-endeavors-amanda-marie/1120894831?ean=2940149991846
Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/scandalous-endeavors
Google: http://books.google.com/books/about/Scandalous_Endeavors.html?id=QijrBQAAQBAJ
iBook on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/scandalous-endeavors/id961420208?mt=11&uo=4
Three Worlds Press http://www.threeworldsproductionsllc.com/?mbt_book=scandalous-endeavor

Blurb Scandalous Endeavors

Lady Amelia has only known the comfort of life in mid-eighteenth century English aristocracy. But when first her mother and then her father die, she finds herself alone, grief stricken and….. not of age. Her appointed guardian, an American uncle, has ordered her travel to his plantation where she must remain for at least two years when she will come of age.

With the help of Lady Grace and Lady Sarah, Lady Amelia gets her uncle to agree to give her four weeks to settle her affairs and unbeknownst to him…find an English lord to marry so she can remain in her beloved England. Despite her mourning period she endeavors to trap one of London’s eligible bachelors in matrimony.

Lord Goldstone, Lady Grace’s nephew is devilishly handsome, but a Scottish Duke and so entirely unacceptable as a possible husband. After all Scotland is not her beloved London and environs. He also has a nasty habit of showing up at all the wrong moments and thwarting her carefully laid plans to ensnare a suitable husband. Sparks fly as the pair find themselves at odds with each other and drawn to each other at the same time. Can they find a way to stop arguing long enough to explore their growing passion? Is it strong enough to make Lady Amelia give up her English home after all? Or will Lady Amelia find a suitable English lord and avoid social exile in America? Time is running out.

Excerpt:
Lord Roseington wrapped his arms around her and stood up, setting her on her feet. “Yes, Amelia, everything is okay now.” He reached up and removed her arms from around him, then took a step back. “We must stop winding up in these situations before we cause a scandal.”

She looked at him through hooded eyes. “‘Tis a wonder we haven’t already.”

A man cleared his voice behind her.

Amelia turned her head, already knowing who had caught them. “Lord Goldstone, you mustn’t trouble yourself with keeping our secret.”

“What she means to say is that there is no secret to be kept. Amelia carelessly got close enough to the hearth to catch her skirts ablaze. I could not very well let her burn up.” 

“No, Roseington, you were obliged to help. I am glad to know that you were not taking advantage of our dear Amelia.” He glanced at her and flashed a rakish smirk. “Indeed, you are a hero. Let us go share the story while Amelia changes her charred gown.”

She tried her hardest to shoot daggers at him from her narrowed glare. His grin only deepened at the attempt, which increased her ire. “Dont you dare tell a soul. I would most definitely perish from the embarrassment!” Amelia spat the words out with anger and annoyance. How dare he ruin everything for a second time, and then jest about sharing her humiliation. If he were not Scottish, she would trap him instead. That would teach him a lesson.

“Do not worry your head over it, Lady Amelia. We will not breathe a word of this little mishap,” Lord Roseington said. “Right, Goldstone?”

“Of course not. All of your secrets are safe with me.” He winked.

Amelia blushed at what he had implied. “Thank you. Now that it is settled I am going to retire for the evening. Enjoy the rest of the party. Lord Roseington, Lord Goldstone.” She inclined her head to them before spinning on her heels and speeding from the room.



I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter. I hope you enjoyed the Q & A’s.

Thank you, I had fun with these!



Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.