Monday, April 6, 2015

Chloe Thurlow ~ an interview and her novel ~ Katie in Love




I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Chloe Thurlow

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: I have a touch of Dracula blood and come alive in the moonlight. I write at night while London sleeps and sit sometimes in shadowy bars scribbling in a notebook – a girl alone in heels writing always attracts attention. That's why I do it, I suppose. I like to dance at night. I like to swim at night. And I like to see the sun peeping over the horizon as I make my way home.

Q: How do you feel when a reader (or a fan) takes the time to contact you?
A: I adore it. I feel alive, reborn, wafted aloft on the highwire over the abyss of routine. Anyone who contacts me, I respond to. Writing is performed alone to be read alone. The contact from readers is like sharing a moment with co-workers at the water caller. Please write…

Q: If you could morph into any creature what would it be?
 A: A giraffe.
            If you don’t mind me asking, why?   
A: They have a quiet dignity. They are vegetarians, aloof, watching the crowd, taking notes, partial to the sweetest leaves that catch the sunshine. They belong to an ancient world, another time that is fading before our short-sighted eyes. Now I have a tear on my cheek.
           
Q: When you think of a garden, do you picture vegetables or flowers?
A: I think of the garden in Kent with roses climbing trellises where I  grew up, the plastic paddling pool, taking my clothes off, Father chasing me with a hose, Mother telling me off  - my sudden recognition as she wrapped me in a big towel that we were rivals

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: I was that girl who slept with her tutor after he had given me Anais Nin and Georges Bataille to read. He then suggested I write an erotic short story for a magazine (the editor was a former student and she, too, had succumbed to his charms). When I saw my name  in print over a piece of (semi) fiction my fate was sealed, a life of insomnia, self-doubt and little black words like scattering ants to be herded and ordered, edited and crushed.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: Ideas grow from writing, just as the appetite grows from eating. A paragraph drops from the sky. I record it on my iPhone and, when I type it out, the second paragraph emerges like a butterfly with one wing. To mix metaphors, these words are like stones in a mosaic that you then have to polish, arrange, rearrange and, often, pull up, crush to dust and start again.


Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: Every part is hard. It’s like having a baby. That's been said before, but it's true. And my last baby, Katie in Love, was in my womb for 13 months, a little round rolly-polly obese thing I slimmed down dressing it/her in the swaddling clothes of the cover. The writing and editing take you to base camp on Everest – then the hard part really starts, the marketing climb up to the peak.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Ooo, yes. Katie in Love is out now, today, this second – an ebook and a silky matt finish 9x6 paperback that's silky to the touch and really rather beautiful. It is my 6th novel, the first I have self-published and feel rather proud to be able to call myself an indie writer

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: I am at www.chloethurlow.com where I post a regular blog about love, life, Helen of Troy, me, how awful it is to be a writer and why it's healthy to have sex every day.
Katie in Love can be found here:
Link for Amazon downloads - http://bookgoodies.com/a/B00S1SMMIG
Link for Amazon books - http://bookgoodies.com/a/1503014908

Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.  
A: Yes, you can see my schedule here. 


BLURB
Katie Boyd has nothing in common with Tom Bridge, the volunteer doctor she meets at a party – except in bed she finds a passion to match her own. Tom is intense, puzzling, a man who cares about others and compels Katie to question her own life drifting through the hip clubs and London party scene.

When Tom returns to his post in a Sri Lanka orphanage, Katie isn’t sure if their passion was lit by its brevity, or if love, unexpected and not entirely wanted, has edged its way into her life. Should she go back to being who she always was? Or follow Tom into the unknown?

Katie in Love is a compelling erotic-romance that will grip readers as they follow Katie’s journey to an ending they may have expected – but not in the way they expected it.

Brilliantly written and coolly self-aware, Chloe Thurlow was described by KM Dylan on Amazon as “…the Ana├»s Nin of our times.” With Katie in Love  – her sixth novel – Thurlow reveals a writer at the height of her powers.


GIVEAWAY!

Use the Rafflecopter to gain entries—and be sure to follow the tour. The more posts you comment on, the more entries you will get into the drawing: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/chloe-thurlow/
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.