Monday, April 20, 2015

John Forelli ~ an interview and his novel ~ The Simulation

~~~~
~~~~


I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
John Forelli

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
 


Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: A midnight candle burner. I usually have coffee as late as 10 or 11 pm. It's easier for me to fall asleep than it is to wake up.

Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = Starbucks hot chocolate dates.
            Spring            = the first time I see a woman in a sundress
            Summer = trips to the Jersey shore.
            Fall = football

Q: What sound or noise do you love? What about hate?
A: The ambient noise of a coffee shop. I despise the sound of a ringing telephone. Text me, dammit!

Q: Bedtime, relaxing so you can sleep sounds. Is your preference, white noise, TV, soft music, ocean waves, forest or meadow sounds, babbling brook, or something else?
  A: TV. I like to put on episodes of FRIENDS to fall asleep to.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: My all-time favorite song is Hotel California. There's more meaning in that song than most 60,000 word novels. I love 70's rock, and lately I've really gotten into EDM. I highly recommend “A Town Called Paradise” by Tiesto.

Q: What is the sexiest thing on a woman?
A: Effortless sensuality. There's nothing hotter than a woman who doesn't have to try to be sexy.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: They come spontaneously. I always liken writing to going to the bathroom, and not just because so much of what I write is shit. I'll just be sitting around and all of a sudden there's this biological imperative toward writing.

Q: Who's your favorite author?
A: Khalil Gibran.

Q: Your favorite title?
A: The Prophet. Read it. It'll change your life.

Q: Generally speaking, is your work based on real life experience? If it's not would you want it to be?
A: Everything a human being does or says comes from his or her mind. And since the mind is so fundamentally influenced by past experience, I think all writing and art is in some way a projection of a prior real life experience. Imagine trying to write dialogue if you've never talked to another person. It'd be impossible.

Q: How long does it take you to create a novel?
A: My average speed of writing is a thousand words per day, so I can usually pump out a well-rounded novel in two months.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I'm writing a collection of short stories on dating. I never realized how ridiculous my behavior has been until I started writing it out.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: The book is on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/The-Simulations-John-Forelli/dp/1508429332/. My website is www.johnforelli.com and my Twitter is www.twitter.com/johnforelli

Blurb
When Ray Ality arrives for a job interview at Simulations Inc. he's immediately drawn to Delilah, the cute receptionist. Only one problem: she's engaged.

Ray soon concocts a plan to win Delilah over, as he and his new, eccentric coworker Bob use the company's software in an attempt to simulate the process of courting her. Ray soon discovers that the simulations aren't exactly what he expected, and as he sinks deeper into virtual reality it becomes harder to distinguish real life from the imaginary.

This novel is Office Space meets The Matrix--an existential discourse told among keyboards and cubicles.

 
Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.