Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Leo Kane ~ an interview and the novel Hevensgate: Hope





I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Leo Kane



Author Bio:
Born and raised in the Steel City of Sheffield, England Leo has spent a lot of her life day dreaming and can’t seem to outgrow the habit. Despite this she managed to raise a family of three wonderful girls, a tolerant husband and, recently, a crazy husky, somehow acquiring a career and a Master of Science degree along the way.

Leo is a qualified clinical hypnotherapist with a fascination for the human condition. When not sending people into a trance or bringing her daydreams to life on the page Leo mainly spends her time happily staring out of windows and using her husband as a guinea pig for experimental cookery which he places in the horror genre.


Currently Available at:





BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: Tell me something you would like your readers (fans) to know about you.
A:  I am a clinical hypnotherapist with a deep affection and interest for the human condition.  The tricks that our minds play, especially at our weakest and darkest moments, hold a special fascination for me.

Readers may be surprised to learn that I see dead people, all of the time.  I do, don’t I?

Q: Have you ever been too embarrassed to promote any certain titles to friends or family?
A: Yes, the sexual exploits and bad language of Jake in ‘Heavensgate’ have embarrassed me already.  Some friends say that Jake makes them blush, others said the cringe worthy, ‘I see you in a whole new light now.’  But the most embarrassing of all is our three adult kids finding out that I am not the Virgin Mary.  I find it interesting that, although Heavensgate is full of psychological and paranormal twists and turns, it’s the sex that grabs the limelight!

Q: Texting, love it or hate it?
A: I have hated texting since the day I sent this message:

‘Just landed, missing you, cannot wait to be back in your arms.  I love you.’ 

I received an instant reply, ‘If I had realised you felt this way I would have come with you.  I can't wait for your return!’ 

I had sent my words of love to my former boss instead of my husband!

Shameful, cheek scorching, never to be lived down or forgotten texting.


BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A:  I get most of my ideas from the horrific ‘newsworthy’ suffering that ordinary children and adults experience in life. 

The more spooky ideas come to me in dreams and, sometimes, in nightmares.  Failing that I can always rely on the supernatural world for unsolicited and often useless advice.


Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: I hate, loathe and despise editing.  It is truly painful for me.  The thought of missing something important scares me more than any night terror.  I dislike editing so much that it can reduce me to tears of frustration.  I think, therefore I am, a failed perfectionist and a cry baby.

Q: Which element of book writing is most difficult for you?
A:  I struggle with endings, especially as the Heavensgate project is a series.  If I mess up the finales I am stuck with them.  So I write several finales and let them stew until one version shouts out to me that it deserves to be read.

Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A:  The days when I fall into the story and time loses all meaning for me, the days when the characters make me cry or cheer for them, they are the best.  Of course the days when the final edit goes to the publisher and the book appears for sale are pretty satisfying too!

Q: When crafting the story do you go from beginning to end, or do you jump around writing the scenes that are pushing themselves forward in your brain?
A:  I leap about the plot like a loon, it’s a miracle that I ever finish.

Q: Have your characters ever taken the story in a different direction than you had originally planned? Do you have a for instance, for us?
A: In Heavensgate - Book Two, I was taking my character, Joy, out to get lost in the woods when she strayed from the plot and stupidly got trapped in Hell’s prison.  I take no responsibility for Joy’s independent and careless action.  I am painting my nails whilst gazing out of the window, waiting for the living fool to tell me how she plans to escape.


BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A:  I am writing the second book in the Heavensgate series, ‘Joy’.  The novel is keeping me awake at night to the point where I am falling out with the persistent and demanding main character who wants his fkg story told!  His words, not mine, I don’t have a potty mouth.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A:  ‘Heavensgate – Hope’ a spooky, supernatural, sexy, psychological thriller is my new release.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: You can find Heavensgate at




Plus Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Ingrams and Goodreads.

Please click and like the page and look at my beautiful readers.

You can follow me on my new web page- http://hgleokane.wix.com/heavensgate where I am publicly learning how to blog, eek!

Twitter address is- @h_gleokane, I am always pleased to meet you for a twit or a tweet.

E mail me at  HGleokane@hotmail.com I will be happy to hear from you.


Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.
A: At the moment I am scheduled to appear here ~ on  6/5/2015 at  - Pinky's Favorite Reads as a Guest Post.

ABOUT THE NOVEL:
Heavensgate tells the disturbing story of Jacob who, aged seven, accidentally killed his family. At the funeral, Hope stole his heart and would never let him go.

As Jacob’s innocence was ripped away, his fragile mind fractured. Now he is a man ruled by his alter egos, especially the taunting, foul mouthed, sexy and dangerous Jake, a personality with a twisted sense of fun and no conscience.

Jacob strongly believes that the dead should stay dead but his supernatural enemies and allies have other plans.

Wherever Jacob goes people die, his wife and son are missing and he is under suspicion.

With innocents and not so innocents being murdered, the cops moving in and supernatural forces battling around him, Jacob fights for his sanity and soul.

There is nothing but seductive, predatory Hope between him and eternal damnation.

Will Jacob find the courage to unlock his Locked room and read the Forbidden Book?

Will he discover that even Hope has a dark side?

Loc, would you like to meet my character  Jacob?

Yes, I would.

Well then, I’ll turn the interview over to him then.

Okay, we’ll see what happens.

Hi, what is your name?
That depends on which one of us you are talking to, my name is Jacob Andersen.  However, the Doc believes that I have multiple personalities.
Doc got his degree free from a packet of Wheaty Flakes!
Don’t listen to him, that’s Jake and he’s insane.

Are you a fictional or historical character?

I, Jacob, am real of course, but Jake is fictional.
You will discover how fkg real I am jerk-off when you wake up screaming.

What should we know about you?

I am twice widowed; a bereaved father; and I am just trying to stay sane; survive and escape the ghosts that haunt me.

Shut the fck up Jacob for shit’s sake! No fkr cares about you! 

Ignore that waste of skin; this book is about me, Jacob’s supposedly psychotic, sex crazed alter ego; the doer of his dirty deeds; his fall guy. 

Jacob is the insignificant, yellow streak of chicken shit.  He is presently, but not for much fkg longer, occupying the front seat of our mind. 


When and where is your tale set?

This part of our story ends in 2015 but I will never give up. 
Where am I?  I am in Heavensgate; a place you need a fkg bad miracle to find and a living hell that you can never leave. 

We live at Heavensgate, in the Lodge located by beautiful Lake Disregard and the Alolejos Mountains, quite close to a pretty town, St Johns, USA.
Or in the fkg Psychiatric Unit when the pussy needs a break from me.

What is your personal goal?  What do you ultimately want?

I want my wife and son to come home and the cops to get off my back:  I also very much want the ghosts and Jake to leave me alone and I am desperate for the pink Cadillac to stop its drive-by hauntings.

I want to get out of this fkg hell hole! 

I want to torture that bitch, Hope, who took our fkg heart; who stood by and watched us being fkg abused; raped; accused of crimes we did not commit!  I want Jacob to remember what he fkg did to me, what he did to the kid, Jacky and to anyone else sulking around in this shit hole that Jacob calls his sanity.

Ultimately I want total control of this mind, this body and this soul because they fkg belong to me!

What is standing in your way? 

Jake, because he is trying to steal my mind and open the Forbidden Book.
Jacob is in my way!  He barbequed our family; he gave our fkg heart away to that bitch, Hope; he hid our memories in the Locked Room.  He set the Judge on us and the bastard tried to kill me!

Well, it looks like the lot of you have a number of issues to resolve. I suppose we, meaning all of the readers, will just have to buy the book to find out how you (all of you) handle it.

Leo, I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter. 
Thanks, Loc, it was fun.



Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.