Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Charlotte Howard ~ an interview and her novel Seven Dirty Words





I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Charlotte Howard

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU


BIO
My career as a writer started when I was young, writing poetry and flash fiction for my friends and family. After a few minor successes of having pieces published in anthologies, and later on-line, I decided to have a go at writing a full-length novel. My first attempt was a bit of a disaster, but after years of practice, I finally got that coveted First Contract. Since then, I've written several more novels and short stories, and I don't intend to retire for at least another 50 years.

Charlotte lives in Somerset with her husband, two children, and growing menagerie of pets and can always be found with a cup of tea in her hand. When she's not writing or running around after small people and animals, she loves to eat curry and watch action films.

Charlotte is an active (and vocal) member of the Yeovil Creative Writers.


Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: Neither! I like my sleep. I think I was a cat in a previous life. Anyone who knows me will tell you to stay away from me until I’ve had my morning cup of tea, but then I’ll be in bed by 9.30pm!!

Q: Coffee or Tea?
A: Tea. Always tea. I can’t write unless I have a big mug of it next to me!
 
Q: Texting, love it or hate it?
A: Love it! I prefer to text than call people.
 
BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: How did you come to write your genera of choice?
A: I hate admitting to it, but I started writing erotic / contemporary romance after reading FSOG. Before that I intended to be a crime fiction novelist. I hated romance. I only read FSOG to see what all the hype was about, and then a couple of friends dared me to write something similar. I found that I really enjoyed writing sex scenes…
 

Q: Which element of book writing is most difficult for you?
A: Editing and marketing. I hate cutting out chunks that I think are really good but my editor thinks we need to get rid of! I have a friend who beta-reads everything for me, and he can be harsh when he wants to be. Also, I’m anything but a sales person. I got fired from a telesales job because I was so rubbish at it, so publicity and marketing is really tricky for me.
 
Q: Would you ever consider a joint project?
A: Yes. In fact, I have hinted at it to my beta-reader who is also a writer. I think it would be a very interesting project and have some ideas, but it’s convincing him (and my husband!) that it’s a good idea.

Q: Do you like to read the genre that you write?
A: I’m more of a crime / mystery reader, but I will read anything if it’s recommended. I do read a lot more romance and erotica now than I did before I started writing in the genre. I think it’s important to find out who your competition is!

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’m currently working on another erotic novel, currently titled Educating Miss Beauchamp. I’ve been told that it’s the most erotic thing I’ve written! I think that’s a good thing… It’s about the relationship between a teacher and the hot caretaker (there’s a story behind that) over the summer holiday.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Seven Dirty Words was my debut novel with Rocking Horse Publishing. I’ve recently taken it to Tirgearr Publishing and it is being re-released with a new cover and new edits on 3rd June!!

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: I have all sorts!!


Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.


A:Yes, I am. Here is the schedule.
10th June
Guest blog
11th June
Guest blog
12th June
Spotlight
15th June
Guest blog
16th June
Guest blog
17th June
Guest blog
18th June
Guest blog
19th June
Spotlight and review



Blurb:
Paige Holmes hides herself in a masculine world in a desperate attempt to remain safe.

Just as she is ready to face her fears and her past, she finds herself torn between Matt Jackson and Vance Ellery: handsome, rich, and safe – or handsome, rich, and dangerous?

Which will she choose?

The one who appears to be the most perfect, or the one who makes her use all Seven Dirty Words?


GIVEAWAY!
Make sure to follow the whole tour—the more posts you visit throughout, the more chances you’ll get to enter the giveaway. The tour dates are here: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/charlotte-howard-3/
                                  

I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter.  I hope you had fun with the Q & A’s



Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.