Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Jenny Kane ~ an interview and her novel ~ Abi's House






I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Jenny Kane

Author Bio:
Jenny Kane is the author the contemporary romance Abi’s House (Accent Press, 2015), the modern/medieval time slip novel Romancing Robin Hood (Accent Press, 2014), the best selling contemporary romance  Another Cup of Coffee (Accent Press, 2013), and its novella length sequels Another Cup of Christmas (Accent Press, 2013), and Christmas in the Cotswolds (Accent, 2014).
Jenny’s fourth full length romance novel, Another Glass of Champagne, will be published in 2016.
Jenny is also the author of quirky children’s picture books There’s a Cow in the Flat (Hushpuppy, 2014) and Ben’s Biscuit Tin (Coming soon from Hushpuppy)

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = the freshness of the air
            Spring            = bluebells
            Summer = drinking coffee in the garden
            Fall = walking through fallen leaves

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: I like all sorts of music. I listen to different styles depending on what I’m writing at the time. Ballads and love songs when I’m writing a romance, gothic rock when writing crime or erotica.

Q: Snack of choice – chips, pretzels, popcorn, or cookies, cake, candy? Or maybe you’re a healthy snacker - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins?
A: Chocolate and biscuits – I’d have trouble choosing between those two! I have an allergy to fibre, so I can’t eat fruit, vegetables, or any healthy foods!

Q: Dine in or dine out?
A:  Out- I love restaurants and cafes. Not only do I like to avoid cooking, but I find eating out a great way of getting inspiration for my stories.


BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A: Once I’ve written the first draft of a novel, I really enjoy the process of going through it, chapter by chapter, and polishing it into shape. I love watching my words turn from a skeletal plot into a fully fledged story.

Q; Now your least favorite part?
A: I have no problem starting a novel, but for a reason I’ve never worked out, when I reach the 4k mark the going always gets tough until I get to the 12k mark. Writing that 8k can be like wading through treacle sometimes!

Q: Which of your own releases was your particular favorite?
A: I think Romancing Robin Hood has to be my favourite from a writing perspective. This novel is split into a modern romance and a medieval crime story based on my own obsession with Robin Hood, and the research I carried out on medieval criminals when I was a student. It was tremendous fun writing a time slip novel- I’d love to do another one.

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A: Hardly ever! Although I always have a rough plan of the beginnings of my stories, I deliberately leave the end of the story vague when I’m first working out the plot. I like my characters to form the ending as I go so that I’m as surprised as my readers during the last chapter.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I am currently working on my next novel (which will be out early 2016), Another Glass of Champagne. This will be the fourth book in my Another Cup of... series.
I love writing more about the staff and customers of the Pickwicks café, in Richmond, London.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: This week my new novel, Abi’s House, comes out! Based in beautiful Sennen Cove in Cornwall, this novel of friendship, love and self discovery, tells the story of young widow, Abi Carter. Taking the brave step of leaving her lonely city life behind her, Abi sets off on a quest to find friendship and happiness by following a childhood dream…

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?

Twitter- @JennyKaneAuthor
Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/JennyKaneRomance 

Buy Links for Abi’s House-
eBook:
Paperback:


Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.
A: I’m currently on tour with my brand new novel, Abi’s House-

15th June

16th June

17th June

18th June

19th June




Blurb- Abi’s House
Newly widowed at barely thirty, Abi Carter is desperate to escape the Stepford Wives-style life that Luke, her late husband, had been so keen for her to live.
Abi decides to fulfil a lifelong dream. As a child on holiday in a Cornwall  she fell in love with a cottage – the prophetically named Abbey’s House. Now she is going to see if she can find the place again, relive the happy memories … maybe even buy a place of her own nearby?
On impulse Abi sets off to Cornwall, where a chance meeting in a village pub brings new friends Beth and Max into her life. Beth, like Abi, has a life-changing decision to make. Max, Beth’s best mate, is new to the village. He soon helps Abi track down the house of her dreams … but things aren’t quite that simple. There’s the complicated life Abi left behind, including her late husband’s brother, Simon – a man with more than friendship on his mind … Will Abi’s house remain a dream, or will the bricks and mortar become a reality?

I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter.  I hope you had fun with the Q & A’s

Thank you ever so much for inviting me today! I loved answering your questions.
Jenny x



Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.