Thursday, June 25, 2015

Siobhan Daiko ~ an interviw and her novel Veronica




I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Siobhan Daiko

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
BIO
Siobhan Daiko is an author of romantic historical fiction and a new series of erotic novellas featuring famous courtesans – strong women who held their own in a man’s world. A lover of all things Italian, Siobhan lives in the Veneto region of northern Italy with her husband and two cats. After a life of romance and adventure in Hong Kong, Australia and the UK she now spends her time, when she isn’t writing, enjoying the dolce vita near Venice.

I've told everyone that you would be here today, so let's get on with the interview!

Q: How would you describe yourself as a color? Think personality here. Are you a light and airy pastel person, or more of a deep, dark, sultry and mysterious color?
A: Purple (balanced with magenta). I’m a bit of a free spirit and I tend to look at the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: Definitely not a morning person. At least not until I’ve had coffee. I suppose you could call me a night-owl, especially when gripped by my writing and/or reading a good book.

Q: Tell me something you would like your readers (fans) to know about you.
A: I’m a bookaholic, chocaholic cat lady. I love reading about love, sex and Murano glass. Addicted to chocolate, I have to ration myself or I would be twice my current size. We brought two cats with us to Italy from the UK and I’m a real slave to them.

Q: If you don’t mind me asking, why do you enjoy reading about Murano glass?
A: Veronica, my latest heroine, uses it in the most imaginative way. I enjoyed the research. ;-)

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: When the empty-nest syndrome kicked in after my son left home. I quickly became hooked and now I can’t imagine doing anything else. It completes me.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: From real historical characters. I love to imagine their lives and always ask myself, ‘what if?’ as the basis for my storylines.

Q: How did you come to write your genera of choice?
A: After I’d published Lady of Asolo – a time-slip historical romance set partly in 16th Century Venice – I was chatting with my editor, John Hudspith, about what to write next. He suggested I play to my strengths, which, for him, was the way I conveyed gritty realism when writing the erotic scenes in Lady of Asolo. ‘Great writing,’ he said. ‘You must do more!’ Now I’ve started writing erotica I feel as if I’ve fallen on my feet. I love it.

Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A: When I get to the final draft and start working with my editor. He’s caring, instructive, encouraging, funny (sometimes rolling on the floor hilarious) and he’s a hard taskmaster when he needs to be. I have absolute faith in him and have learned to trust in his excellent suggestions completely.

Q: How do you handle a writer's block?
A: I set a daily word count and don’t let myself stop writing until I have reached it. Sometimes it happens quickly and I write on past my goal. At other times it can take all day, but I’m very strict with myself and keep at it until I reach my target.

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A: Always. I write a working synopsis, which can (and usually does) change as I write the story, but the final scene is set in concrete and everything leads up to it.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: Theodora COURTESAN. It’s set in 6th Century Constantinople and is inspired by Theodora, a courtesan who has a passionate relationship with the most powerful man in the word: the Emperor’s nephew and heir apparent.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Veronica COURTESAN. (I've just, and I mean in the last few days, revamped the title and cover.) Based on the true story of Veronica Franco, the most sought- after courtesan in 16th Century Venice. She was also a writer, which made me feel an affinity with her. When I read her poems and letters, I was struck by the force of Veronica’s feisty, forward personality and decided she would make the perfect protagonist. She had a string of lovers, but there was one man, a fellow-poet, with whom she had the most amorous affair. His poems to her are published in her Terze Rime in the form of a poetic debate, and I enjoyed adapting them and using them as repartee between the two characters. Writing an erotic novella about a woman who practised ‘free love’ has been a lot of fun. She was a talented seductress, able to create desire in her patrons under her own terms. I’m sure she loved each and every one of them in her own way, as evidenced by this quote from one of her poems:
“So fragrant and delightful do I become, when I am in bed with someone who, I feel, adores and appreciates me, that the joy I bring exceeds all pleasure, so the ties of love, however close they seemed before, are knotted tighter still.”

Book Trailer


Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
Siobhan’s Facebook Page

Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.
A: Yes, I am. You can find me here:



http://kdgrace.co.uk 28th June
http://muffywilson.blogspot.com/ 29thJune   


Blurb:


Veronica COURTESAN

I watch him watching us, imagining how he would take me.

I send him the message with my eyes.

This is who I am.

I am Veronica Franco.

I am a COURTESAN.

I court the cultural elite for fame and fortune, giving my body to many.

And I’m good. So very good. After all, I was taught by my mother, and
mother always knows best.

How else to please the future King of France than with the imaginative use
of Murano glass? How else to fulfill the desires of all yet keep my sense of
self-worth?

But when disaster strikes and my life begins to unravel, I’ll have to ask
myself one question:

Is it too late to give my heart to just one man?

Set in Venice 16th Century.

Advisory: sensuously erotic. 18+


I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter.  I hope you had fun with the Q & A’s


Thank you for inviting me, Loc. I’ve had a fab time. ;-)

GIVEAWAY!
Make sure to follow the whole tour—the more posts you visit throughout, the more chances you’ll get to enter the giveaway. The tour dates are here: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/siobhan-daiko/

a Rafflecopter giveaway Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting me on your blog today, Loc. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.