Monday, July 13, 2015

Celia J Anderson ~ an interview and her novel Living the Dream




I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Celia J Anderson

Author Bio:
Celia J Anderson is passionate about writing, cake, wine and long walks in the Quantock hills or on random beaches. She is very proud to be the assistant head at a Catholic primary school in the Midlands and divides her time between walking off the cake, inventing imaginary worlds and teaching English and drama. 

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: I’m up with the lark - my brain kicks in far too early. In an ideal world I’d get up about 5a.m. and write for a few hours, then eat, go for a walk and have a  nap. Maybe another couple of hours writing later? But usually  work gets in the way so this is often  my holiday routine.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: I have Radio 2 or Smooth Radio on when I’m cooking and I love the soundtrack of the sixties and seventies, which shows my age. If I’ve got friends round for dinner we’re often seen dancing in the kitchen as we chop and stir - there probably should be a safety warning somewhere here… My all-time favourite dance track is Needle in a Haystack, but I also love The Who, Fleetwood Mac, and my husband’s Ella Fitzgerald/Nina Simone CDs.

Q: Did you like school when you were a child?
A: I can remember being horrified in a big way when I realized after the first day that this stupid business of leaving your mum was just going to keep on happening! I got used to it eventually but my favourite time was sixth form. I was always much taller than everyone else, including the boys, but by that time they’d caught me up so life got a whole lot more interesting.

Q: Snack of choice – chips, pretzels, popcorn, or cookies, cake, candy? Or maybe you’re a healthy snacker - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins?
A: Where to begin?? I LOVE cake - coffee and walnut, chocolate fudge, fruit cake, scones with clotted cream - you name it, I’ll make it and eat it. But I’m trying to get rid of a few pounds after a very indulgent holiday  in May, so this month I’m snacking on sweet red peppers, cherry tomatoes, fruit of all kinds and rocket. Not so much fun but it seems to be working. Or it would if I could bring myself to ditch the wine…

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: Which element of book writing is most difficult for you?
A: Getting the timeline right. I hate checking facts, so the ages of characters are often an issue. I’m working on a prequel to one of my earlier books, Little Boxes, and making it all hang together is a complete nightmare!

Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A: Going back over the day before’s word count and tweaking/polishing. It’s very satisfying. I also love to enter writing competitions - that was how I got my first contract for Sweet Proposal. Piatkus Entice announced that I’d won their first novel competition at the Festival of Romance in 2012. ~  It was an amazing moment.

Q: Describe your favorite heroine? (This doesn’t have to be one of yours.)
A: I’m currently working my way through everything that Liane Moriarty has written, and I love all of her heroines. They’re feisty Australian ladies - sensitive, with a great sense of humour. She never disappoints me.

Q: Who's your favorite author?
A: Elizabeth George. I’ve been secretly in love with Inspector Lynley for many years. I wish I could write something on the same scale of wonderfulness with so much detail and research involved. One day, when I give up the day job, perhaps?


BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: My work in progress is called Hidden Depths, and is set on a river cruise in France. I did the same trip in May and it was amazing. My main characters are a mother and daughter with a twisted relationship. It’s looking darker than the ones that went before…

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Living the Dream comes out on July 15th and is about the blurred line between reality and dreams. It’s set on a journey across the USA by train, and its focus is a new virtual holiday company that can give you what you want without leaving the comfort of your favourite chair. The problems start when they can’t always get you back again.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: I’m on http://celiajanderson.co.uk and I also have an author page as Celia J Anderson on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/CeliaJAndersonAuthor, and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/celiaanderson1 - come and visit!

Here are my buy links:


Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.


A: You can find me here:


13th July  http://locglin.blogspot.com/  Interview  

14th July   http://jennykane.co.uk  Guest blog

15th July  http://laura-wilkinson.co.uk/  Guest blog

17th July   http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/  Spotlight



GIVEAWAY!

Make sure to follow the whole tour—the more posts you visit throughout, the more chances you’ll get to enter the giveaway. The tour dates are here: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/celia-j-anderson-3/




Blurb:

When dreams and reality crash and mingle, escape can be the hardest challenge of all.

Longing to get away from her troubled marriage, the opportunity to cross America by train seems like a dream come true for Vita Craythorne. But charismatic travel agent Moriarty Miles has other ideas; by replacing her friend Jack on the trip, Vita has unwittingly set herself up as a guinea pig for Moriarty's mind-blowing and potentially dangerous new virtual-holiday project. His idea is to give clients the holiday of a lifetime without ever having to leave the comfort of their favourite chair. It's exciting. It's innovative. It could be just what Vita needs. That is, if she can avoid becoming trapped inside her own, miraculous dream world.



Excerpt:
My husband is leaving his body to medical science. Sometimes I wonder if they’d like it sooner rather than later.
      I used to think Ronan was the nearest thing to perfect this side of Colin Firth. When we first met, I’d imagine him coming out of a lake soaked to the skin, rivulets of water pouring from his clinging white shirt. He would throw me to the floor and tear the clothes from my body, regardless of buttons, zips or other tricky fastenings. He would never, ever ask me if I’d paid the electricity bill yet or if I could lend him a tenner.
      Now, if I daydream at all, it’s of a cottage of my own, with a log burner, a shaggy dog called something quirky like Nigel or Beryl, and a huge, soft sofa. My house would have exposed beams, one tiny bedroom, and a patio with just enough room for a swinging hammock and a few geraniums in tubs. The kitchen and living area would be all in one room and have soft lighting and candles. Each evening, I’d work my way through my mum’s recipe book, scaling the quantities down to make just enough for one. Visitors would be by invitation only. It would be bliss.    
      You might have guessed from all this dreaming that I’m not enjoying my life right now. For one thing, it isn’t easy looking so much like Kylie Minogue. People don’t take you seriously. Not that Kylie herself isn’t sensible – she’s probably very level-headed and organised – but she definitely hasn’t got the image of your everyday pillar of the community.
      My name is Vita Craythorne and I’m a marriage guidance counsellor, so it’d be better if I was a dead ringer for someone who was a bit more sturdy and sensible. I’m quite good at giving marital advice even though I’m only thirty-two, which is ironic because my own marriage is about as much fun as a car crash.





a Rafflecopter giveaway Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.