Friday, July 31, 2015

Faye Hall ~ an interview and her novel ~ Mistress of Purity




I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Faye Hall


BIO:
Faye Hall's passion driven, mystery filled books are set in small townships of North Queensland, Australia during the late 1800's.

Each of her novels bring something symbolically Australian to her readers, from Aboriginal herbal remedies, to certain gemstones naturally only found in this part of the world.

Each of her books tell of a passionate connection between the hero and heroine, surrounded and threatened by deceit, scandal, theft and sometimes even murder.

These romances swerve from the traditional romances as Faye aims to give her readers so much more intrigue, whilst also revealing the hidden histories of rural townships of North Queensland.

Faye finds her inspiration from the histories of not only the township she grew up in, but the many surrounding it. She also bases most of her characters on people she has met in her life.

Faye was able to live her own passion driven romance, marrying the love of her life after a whirlwind romance in 2013. Together they are raising their 9 children in a remote country town in northern Queensland, Australia.

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: How would you describe yourself as a color? Think personality here. Are you a light and airy pastel person, or more of a deep, dark, sultry and mysterious color?
A: A dark plum purple

Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: midnight candle burner

Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = only cool weather we get in North Queensland
            Spring            = flowers
            Summer = wearing next to no clothes (seriously North Queensland heat is horrid)
            Fall = fallen leaves on the ground


Q: Tell me something you would like your readers (fans) to know about you.
A: After 20 years I got to live my own romance story and marry the love of my life.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: At school because I love stories and creating characters

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: From everything and anything – from a song to a movie to an episode I see on the street.

Q: How did you come to write your genera of choice?
A: By accident really.  I grew up watching Agatha Christie movies but always wanted to see more romance in them.  One day I thought I could try and write a romance filled with mystery and drama.

Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: A synopsis to plug to a publisher

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’m waiting to hear back from the publishers about 2 more scripts, so I’ve started book number 7 titled ‘Lust & Chastity’.  It’s my own take on one of the seven deadly sins and a heavenly virtue.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: I have two!!  Mistress of Purity will be out tomorrow, 1st August and Passions in the Dust will be out 1st October.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A:  Here they are:
Buy links

Social media links

Excerpt:
 “Prue, I’m Jack Malloy’s only known child and heir, there was no other who could inherit the Malloy estate.  I’m curious though to know why you told me all the earl’s possessions were left to me, Prue.  You were his wife, madam; you shared his bed even if it were for such a short time, what was it he left to you?”

Prue quickly darted her eyes down to where her fingers were again fidgeting with the rings on her fingers.

“Your father only asked that I be allowed to stay living here so I might remain safe from any who might wish me harm.”

Gareth was still .  “I still don’t understand, Prue.  Why should my father insist in his will that I take you under my charge at this estate instead of at my own?”

Prue slowly raised her eyes up.  “Your father’s will is several months old, Gareth.  He wished for me to stay living here because he knew of the dangers that would fall on the estate and all who lived here should I leave.  The earl just thought he was doing what was best for both the estate and me.”

Gareth quickly approached Prue, his annoyance obvious at her continued avoidance to answer his question.  Stopping in front of her, he gripped the top of her arms painfully with his palms.

“Damn it, Prue.  Will you just tell me what was written in my father’s will?  What exactly is it he has left to me?”

Taking on a confident stance, Prue made sure her stare didn’t falter from Gareth’s intimidating one.

“You’ve been left the Malloy estate house and all its surrounding properties with the aggreeance the current servants remain in your employ. You have the small amount of money from your father’s accounts, and…”

“And what, Prue?” he asked impatiently, his hands shaking her softly when her words drifted off.

Prue let out a short shaky breath, her eyes never faltering from his.
“And you’ve been left me, Gareth.”

Buy links


I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter. I hope you had fun with the Q & A’s.
Thank you so very much. I'm looking forward to my next visit September 30th. I'll be talking about Passions in the Dust.

Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.