Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Catherine Peace ~ an interview and her novel ~ Gemini






I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Catherine Peace

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: Recently, I’ve had to become somewhat of a morning person because I changed jobs and shifts. Getting to work at 7am instead of 3pm has been a huge adjustment.

Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = Hot chocolate
            Spring            = Baseball!
            Summer = Swimming
            Fall = FOOTBALL


Q: If you could morph into any creature what would it be?
 A: A DRAGON.
            If you don’t mind me asking, why?   
A: Because dragons are awesome and powerful and breathe fire. ^_^
           

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: I listen to a lot of hard rock and alternative, though I also really like folk. (I feel like Mumford & Sons is the best of both worlds sometimes). My all-time favorite song ever is Shimmer by Fuel.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: When I was in 4th grade, we had to do a writing portfolio that included a short story. From that point on, I was hooked.

Q: How did you come to write your genre of choice?
A: My dad has always been a huge science fiction/fantasy fan and shared that with me. We watched Star Wars every Christmas (every time it was on, really), and any awesome-looking movie that came out. So when I started writing, I gravitated toward the more fantastical ideas.

Q: Which of your own releases was your particular favorite?
A: It’s really a tie between Ember’s Secret and Gemini. I’m so beyond proud of those works.

Q: Have your characters ever taken the story in a different direction than you had originally planned? Do you have a for instance, for us?
A: All the time. In Gemini, my antagonist actually made it happen. Because I didn’t realize she was such a big piece of the puzzle, and because of her, I went from having a dual-story novel to a four-book series. 

Q: Do you like to read the genre that you write?
A: Omg all the time. I LOVE reading speculative fiction. I read a lot more contemporary than I used to, but speculative fiction is where my heart is.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’m actually working on the sequel to Ember’s Secret, my paranormal romance with wereswans. Amy’s Hunt is in the hands of my crit partner, so hopefully it’ll be in the world soon. I’m also busy outlining Gemini2, Wereswans book 3, and a YA project.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Not yet, but soon! (I hope.) Gemini just released June 16th.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: Oh yes. Here’s everything:
Social media: Facebook | Twitter | Website | Pinterest | Goodreads

Buy links: Amazon |B&N | iTunes | ARe

Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again. 
A: You can find me here:

 



About Gemini:

Being one of the Embassy’s glorified treasure-seekers has its perks
Komandan Uriah Jacobs recovers ancient artifacts in exchange for more than just decent pay; he also receives guaranteed protection from his former owners, the nyx…until an emergency landing on a too-familiar colony brings him face-to-face with his past life and something more—a surprisingly priceless treasure in the form of a human woman.

A slave to the nyx since childhood
Shadi spends her waking hours in the forge, dreaming of rescuing her brother with the help of a man she once worshipped like a father. A crashed ship on the colony becomes her only hope to escape. But before she can steal the ship, the pilot abducts her. They may be the same species, but will he help her find her Shilah?

Their attraction is undeniable
Fighting it seems inconsequential as they evade the nyx's bounty hunter and uncover a conspiracy that shines unwanted light on Shadi's past and reveals the corruption in Uri’s beloved Embassy, placing their fledgling love in danger.

As the universe systematically falls apart, will Shadi and Uri’s newfound passion be enough to keep them alive?


GIVEAWAY! 
Make sure to follow the whole tour—the more posts you visit throughout, the more chances you’ll get to enter the giveaway. The tour dates are here: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/catherine-peace/

 a Rafflecopter giveaway

I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter.  I hope you had fun with the Q & A’s

1 comment:

  1. Shimmer... this is why ILU. So hard. We are like girls cut from the same cloth on opposite ends.

    Gemini is probably my favorite.... so, good! Love this interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.