Wednesday, September 9, 2015

C. A. Bell ~ an interview and her novel The Architect




I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
C. A. Bell

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = Towns and highstreets decorated with Christmas lights.
            Spring            = Bluebells.
            Summer = Sitting in my back garden in the evening.
            Fall = When the leaves start to fall.

Q: Bedtime, relaxing so you can sleep sounds. Is your preference, white noise, TV, soft music, ocean waves, forest or meadow sounds, babbling brook, or something else?
A: Usually I fall asleep to the TV, but occasionally I like to listen to music. My particular bedtime favourites are Pink Floyd’s Dark Side and anything from Chet Baker.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to?
A: I listen to absolutely everything, but my favourite genres are, country, jazz, doo wop and pop (and everything from the eighties).

Q: How do you feel about exercise?
A: I love to exercise. If I had my way I would do it everyday, but certain demands from home life don’t always allow it.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: Life, music, books, films, pictures, my head.

Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A: When you get to the end of your first draft. When all your words are down and ready for a rewrite, that’s my favourite bit.

Q: Do you like to read the genre that you write?
A: Yes, erotic fiction is my favourite genre to read. I don’t read much of any other genre really apart from the odd thriller or horror.

Q: How does the man in your life feel about the genre you write? Has he read any of your work?
A: My husband fully supports me and loves what I do, and the genre. He has read everything I have ever written, and will as I go on continue to read my work and hopefully help me out with inspiration.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now?
A: Currently I am working on the follow-on book to The Architect, along with a few short stories, as well as dipping in and out of a novel I started a few months ago.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: How soon I’m not sure, but I will definitely have more work out in the future.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: You can find me on Twitter @cbellAtrix09.


Buy links
All Romance eBooks: http://bit.ly/1hJtYW5


Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.

A: Yes, I am and this is my third stop. Previously I have been at: http://muffywilson.blogspot.com/ and http://eroticaforall.co.uk/
Tomorrow I will be here: http://underneaththecoversblog.com
And my last stop is on Friday: http://scandalousbookblog.blogspot.be/

Blurb:
A one night stand? Not if you arrange to have another.

When Ruth Watson finally decides to break her depressive state of singleness and get back out on the social scene, the last thing she expects to happen is meet Mr Right and share a moment of passion in the middle of the buzzing city… But she does. 
After meeting Heath Berkley on her first venture out after two years of hermit like existence, Ruth’s life suddenly becomes exciting for the first time. As their meetings become more frequent, and their love affair blossoms, a common interest between the pair is found.
Agreeing to explore their unveiled kinkier sides while Heath is in town on business, Ruth finds herself rapidly slipping under his spell and craving more of him. 
But when their journey into the darker side introduces them to George Randall, things take a sinister turn, and when his true identity is revealed, Ruth has a hunger for revenge.
Knowing there is only one place she wants to be, Ruth follows Heath’s disciplinary hand to the Highlands of Scotland, in hope that his healing arms will squeeze the pain and devious thoughts away. At least until she has to return to London.

Excerpt


My eyes snap open and I’m blinded by the sunlight pouring into the room. Giving myself and my poor eyes a moment to adjust, my brain recollects the images around me and I’m back to reality from my sleep.

I hear falling water and bottle tops popping. He must be in the shower. Sitting up, I dangle my legs off the bed and run my fingers through my hair before stretching. Retrieving my skirt I hurriedly pull it on as I hear the water stop and his feet step onto the tiled floor. As I zip the skirt up, hoping that I look at least a bit respectable, he enters the room looking fresh-faced and utterly shaggable in his white robe, rubbing his hair dry.

“Good morning,”

“Morning,” I reply, bringing my hair forward over my shoulders to cover my face as much as possible, in case I look a complete wreck.

He kisses me softly on the cheek. “How do you do it?”

“Do what?” I ask, as he walks over to the dark wooden desk and flips his laptop open.

“Look so beautiful in the morning.”

“Oh, come on.” I laugh as I head for the door he just came through. “Do you mind?” I point into the bathroom.

“Of course not, help yourself.”

I take a quick shower and avoid my face so I can make the best of what makeup I’ve got left on, before returning to the bedroom. When I enter the room, Heath is sitting at the desk tapping away on his laptop.

He smiles from over the screen. “I hope you don’t mind, but I took the liberty of ordering room service.”

Looking over to the array of pastries and black coffee, I take a bite out of one of the croissants and empty the mug before telling him I’ll be on my way, as I can see he’s busy.

“I’ll drop you home,” he insists, striding to the wardrobe that matches the desk.

“You don’t have to do that, you’ve got work to do.”

“Nevertheless, I’d like to drop you home.”

I agree to his offer and thank him as he throws on a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt. Even casual he looks like a god. The denim clings to his narrow hips and cute arse, and his shirt tightens over his wide shoulders and arm muscles.

I let out a ‘phwoar’ in my head, and then stand there completely innocently as he holds the door for me.


GIVEAWAY!
Make sure to follow the whole tour—the more posts you visit throughout, the more chances you’ll get to enter the giveaway. The tour dates are here: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/c-a-bell/
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Just a reminder to the reader ~ before you leave please take a look at the  
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs.

Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.