Friday, October 16, 2015

Nic Weissman ~ an interview and his novel The Orb of Wrath

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Nic Weissman

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:        Winter = the excuse to use the fireplace
            Spring            = the smell of fields and the boost in my own hormones and morale.
            Summer = The sun!
            Fall = The amazing colors of the landscape in the Northeast of US.

Q: What sound or noise do you love? What about hate?
A: I love birds chirping. I find it so relaxing. I hate the noise of a hard brush against the floor. It is very weird. Anybody else will hate things like chalk against the blackboard or fork against knife, but not me. I don’t mind those.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: A wide variety. Pop from the islands is my favorite. Right now Alt J, Porter Robinson, The Black keys and a Norwegian band by the name of Royksopp (this is where people will think I am weird or a snob. But I am not!).
The best song ever is Strawberry fields forever. The Beatles, of course!

Q: Snack of choice – chips, pretzels, popcorn, or cookies, cake, candy? Or maybe you’re a healthy snacker - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins?
A: Fruit all the way for me. I don’t have it to try to be healthy, I just always loved fruit.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: To me what comes after the first draft is finished: all that very long tweaking, proofreading and editing process.

Q: How do you handle a writer's block?
A: I have never experienced it. I am occasionally in halt for one or two weeks, but it is always because I am busy with something else, or I just don’t feel I have the energy, or I am simply being lazy. But once I really sit down stuff always comes out.

Q: Are you a sit down and play it by ear kind of writer, or do you need a structured guideline, or maybe a little of both?
A: I spend just one or two hours in an initial high level and undetailed outline (two or three pages). So, I don’t really put a lot of effort on it on purpose. Then I throw myself into writing. I write ten pages, twenty and go on and on. I don’t stop. I don’t go back. I don’t read what I wrote. I just keep going.

One thing I do is to take notes as I go for the coming plot. For example if I make I knot in chapter two and I plan to untie later, I take a note about it in my outline so that I will remember to do that in the relevant chapter. If I am in chapter 6 and I realize I should add something in chapter 2, I take note in my outline but I don’t go back and update just yet. I just keep moving forward. Only when I finish the book and I am done with the full first draft a very long tweaking and editing process starts. I really enjoy the part of the process when I just write and write at a fast pace.

Q: How does your spouse feel about the genre you write? Has he read any of your work?
A: I was in the beginning of the process of The Orb of Wrath. I had about four chapters and I gave it to read to my spouse. She reads a lot, she doesn’t like fantasy and she can be very blunt when delivering feedback. And this was my first intent to compose a full length novel, so I was a bit anxious. Then a couple of days later she comes back and says: ‘I have to say that I am surprised. I was ready to abruptly tell you if it wasn’t any good. But the truth is I like it’. That was the beginning of my novelist career.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I am working on second book of The Merchant’s Saga. The title will likely be The White Lady and it will be hopefully out before the end of the year.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: The best places are my web nicweissman.com or my Facebook page. But I also keep a blog in Tumblr, I have uploaded several presentations in slideshare.net and I am also in twitter, linkedin, etc. Here are the links:


Facebook     Slideshare    Blog    Linkedin     Twitter     Google+     Goodreads  
 Author Central        Smashwords     Website    

Blurb:
The Orb of Wrath combines fantasy, intrigue and adventure, while transports the reader into a world where almost nothing is what it seems. Plots, counterplots, mysteries, blossoming relationships, disappointments, betrayals, dangers and successes, are combined in this fun cocktail.
Erion is a skilled looter who runs the kingdom of Bor with his "brother" Mithir, performing dangerous commissions for wealthy clients. Mithir helps with his long trained magical abilities. One day, when they are doing one of their assignments, they encounter another group of adventurers, with whom they are forced to cooperate. 
The Orb of Wrath is full of intrigue and a group of diverse characters that it’s hard not to like. With everything from action to underhanded politics this book will leave you waiting for the sequel.

Buy Links: 

Amazon      iBooks     Barnes&Noble     Smashwords     Kobo

A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.