Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Valerie Brundage ~ an interview and her novel ~ Erotic Daydreams

~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Valerie Brundage

BIO:
Valerie began writing three months after her divorce, realizing two dreams within a few months. It was more than her imagination that was being held back, and she’s enjoying living out those dark sexy urges as much as writing about them. She’s currently working on a book based loosely (she promises) on her promiscuous years before she got married.

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: I’m a morning person when it comes to work – and writing. My mind is racing in the morning and I have all the energy in the word to get started. Then I’ll get distracted through the day and end up, at night, doing work that doesn’t take such hard mental energy. I copyedit at night (fixing typos), but also get my ideas then, I think because I’m half asleep and not trying.

Q: Tell me something you would like your readers (fans) to know about you.
A: I loved being married – until I didn’t. Now that I’m single, I feel like I’m doing it the right way. Don’t think I’ll ever get married again.

Q: Bedtime, relaxing so you can sleep sounds. Is your preference, white noise, TV, soft music, ocean waves, forest or meadow sounds, babbling brook, or something else?
A: I like the sound of activity outside. By that I mean a busy street a couple blocks away or even a train in the distance. (I don’t mean, a party in the back yard). Too much quiet actually makes me distracted and nervous!

Q: What is the sexiest thing on a man?
A: Sexiest thing on a man is his eyes. The eyes tell you everything he can do to you, or is afraid to do to you.

Q: Tell me one thing that your spouse does that really endears him/her to you. One thing that annoys you. These can be tiny little things, actually the smaller the better.
A: (Ex) spouse. He would touch me lightly when he was talking to me. Not at all erotically, but very intimately (maybe that is erotic).
The thing I hated, I would have to ask things twice, because he wasn’t hearing every single word (maybe only 2 out of three).

Q: Snack of choice – chips, pretzels, popcorn, or cookies, cake, candy? Or maybe you’re a healthy snacker - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins?
A: I like a mix of crunchy and sweet. If there’s fruit, fantastic. But pretzels too.

Q: Have you ever been too embarrassed to promote any certain titles to friends or family?
A: Absolutely, especially my two stories (“6 Eyes” and “A Pearl Before Swine”) which involve a woman getting her husband to participate in a threesome with another guy (no, it never happened in real life).

Q: Dress up or dress down? 
A: Dress down, every chance I get. Sweats and men’s shirts.

Q: List these in order of preference, French food, Chinese food, Italian food, Indian food, Home cooking, backyard BBQ.
A: Italian first, Chinese, Home cooking (especially when someone else does it).

Q: Pets? Do you have any?
A: A dog, a lizard and a fish (none of which started off as mine!)


BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: I wrote poetry and short stories in high school, then stopped until just a couple years ago when I found myself free of domestic ties.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: In my deepest, least filtered fantasies. I tend to write something I would like to read about, and would excite me.

Q: How did you come to write your genera of choice?
A: I think the genre chose me. I wanted to write about relationships that were both physical and emotional, and didn’t want to shy away or disguise anything.

Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: Finding the place to start. Once you have an idea, and an opening (where does the story really begin) then it starts to unfold, almost on its own.

Q: Who's your favorite author?
A: I’ve just discovered Remittance Girl and her muscular and challenging erotica. Also, I’m formed by Austen, Erica Jong, Ruth Rendall (a soft spot for mysteries), and Susie Bright.

Q: Do you write long hand first, or does it go straight into the computer?
A: I go straight to the computer, but my first drafts are more lists than drafts. I like to write like I’m writing words on post-it notes, easy to shuffle and move around.

Q: Are you a sit down and play it by ear kind of writer, or do you need a structured guideline, or maybe a little of both?
A: …and continuing on that last question, I will play with the structure just enough to start writing the actual prose. More than half the time I have only a vague sense of where my characters will lead me.

Q: Generally speaking, is your work based on real life experience? If it's not would you want it to be?
A:  I think the feelings and the impulses in my work are based on real life. My novel “365” is about a woman who accepts the “dare” to sleep with one man a day for a whole year, and there was a part of me in the past that would consider that and work out the practical challenge of it, as a kind of mental exercise. The lead character is true to how I might have pulled that off!

Q: How does the man in your life feel about the genre you write? Has he read any of your work?
A: So far I don’t have anyone in my life to share the genre, and when I bring it up “erotic romance” hasn’t quite piqued their interest enough go dig deeper (yet).


BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’m working on the third book in my “Joanna” trilogy. The first one was the aforementioned “365” was about promiscuity (with a HFN ending), the next coming from eXtasy Press is “Four On The Floor” and Joanna leaves her comfort zone to experiment on the fringes  of BSDM. The next is about being an exhibitionist online, which Joanna is going to find very exciting and a turn on.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: “Four On The Floor” is due in November from eXtasy Press.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: I blog at https://valeriedreaming.blogspot.com . I love having something/somewhere to write when I’m blocked – which erases the block pretty quickly.

Q: Are you currently participating in a blog tour? If you are let’s tell everyone where you’re going to be so they can catch up with you again.
A: My recent paranormal lesbian romance “Another Creature” finishes up its blog tour through Torquere Press and Pride Promotions:




Erotic Daydreams: 

Blurb:
Let Valerie Brundage’s imagination fuel your naughty fantasies and take you to those secret places where your libido beckons. Vicariously walk on the wild side as the women in her stories explore their desires—ladies only, ménage, rough and edgy, ice play, being watched…and more. All you have to do is pour yourself a glass of wine, turn on your e-reader and wait for the erotic daydreams to begin.


THE PRIVATE RETIREMENT
OF MISS PAMELA BOYSHORTS

Excerpt:
We came and we loved her. Her persona on stage was bigger than life and smaller than the buildings she filled. Her essence could not be captured by a camera and the only way to see her was to experience her in the flesh.

In the same room…breathing the same air…embodying the lure of live theatre.

She was Ms. Pamela Boyshorts, formerly some Bolshevik name like Bukowski or Bakalava but no one knew because her thing was the shorts. She always wore them and the parts she took, stage musicals in which she would often talk rather than sing, prancing to her own beat, with her own steps and always in front of the rest of the cast. She was never part of a chorus line; she was the star even when she wasn’t. And she wore the shorts.

The front seats were the desired ones, the only place you could really feel the heat coming off her and realize what a goddamn performance she gave, the stretch of the fabric and the glistening of her sweat. In any place larger than 900 or 1000 seats the back rows, although still filled with the customers, were simply too far back to let us see the magic embrace of those low, thigh-ring shorts.

In the shows her boyshorts were sometimes supposed to be her bathing suit (Bathing Beauties of 1987, Loew’s Grand Tour, Fall 1986) or maybe some sports or exercise outfit (Tennis, Everyone?, Palmer’s Follies, Fall 1991).

I went to see her a couple times when she toured through Chicago. The shorts, usually black but sometimes she’d switch to a color for one act or one night unannounced, were her singular trademark. It was an affectation and a symbol, her uniform and fetishistic decoration. Like Sally Rand and her bubbles, like Cheryl Lee and her boa, the boyshorts suggested as much as they hid. Tight around her hips and snug down her muscular thighs, they emphasized the stellar curve of her ass and hugged the mound of her pussy like wet on champagne. Creased and enticing, she never (almost never, more anon) showed the secret flower beneath, her sculpture of pearl, her slick ornament she privately called her “love abalone.”

There was rumor she was once just a stripper from the rougher corners of Lower St. Louis, that that was where she learned how to move her hips and rub against the boys of the chorus line in the late ‘70s before nude dancing became illegal within city limits after 20 years of being out in the open in every town in the nation. Reagan morality banned naked breasts within 1000 yards of churches and 100 yards of schools (apparently suggesting adults who went to church needed a wider berth from temptation than school children). The boyshorts had been a way to be as close to being bottomless as she could without being too close.

That thin layer of nylon made Pamela a star.


Buy Link:

Amazon US    



A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 


Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.