Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dominic Hodgson ~ 2nd appearance and his novel Gift of the Mancynn

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



TITLE: Gift of the Mancynn (The Ragnarök Chronicles 2016.1)
RELEASE DATE: May 10, 2016
AUTHOR: Dominic Hodgson
PAGE COUNT: 328
ISBN: 978-1530503858
IMPRINT: Devil’s Tower




KEYWORDS: Apocalypse, Death (Horseman of), young heroes, invasion, genetic manipulation, temples, war, subversion, aliens, series

CATEGORIES: Science Fiction/Fantasy





ONE LINER: They are immortal. We are their weapon. He is the key.


SYNOPSIS:
What if everything we thought we knew about the universe was wrong? What if there was something beyond our perception of space and time? And why do we feel the need to constantly strive towards the technological advances that have brought us from the wheel to the particle accelerator? Are we really motivated by our own curiosity and greed? Or is this the work of a higher power?

Philip is a teenage boy, who goes to school, watches TV, and is just so happens to be supernatural. He's never thought to question his abilities, and why should he? That's just who he is. Except that now he's being visited by mysterious figures, headed by the deathly Lord Gryal Repa, who insist that it's his duty to work with them, that he should do whatever bizarre tasks they ask of him.

And the further Philip and his friends travel, the clearer it gets that he is not the only one aware of Gryal and his cohorts. They have infiltrated this world for their own insidious agenda, and they are preparing something far more dangerous.

With plans thousands of years in the making already in motion, it's a race against time as Philip must decide what side of a conflict traversing the dimensions he's going to be on, before everything he's ever known is changed forever.




Guest Post:

I entered this novel with not only an overall plan of what was to happen, but also a chapter guide already in mind. I since then read that some authors are against the idea of working out the chapters beforehand, as they feel it restricts them to that original frame. Perhaps in future I shall go into a novel without pre-thought-out chapters, but as I had these already, I went along with them.

But the nature of the beast is that stories will evolve as you go along, the writer will come up with new plot lines and find that others don’t work, and so things had to change. For instance, my original chapter 10 ended up being only 3 pages long, so I simply merged it with the end of chapter 9.

So far I’ve written two novels and am on my third. Assuming my experience writing the first two persists, actually writing a book for me goes like this: I start off writing quickly, making my way through the prologue and first few chapters at a good rate.

However, at around the halfway point, I begin to lose momentum, and find it a lot easier to skip to the end and write that. Having already planned how the events of the story will pan out in a lot of detail, it is a simple job to type out the conclusion. This does mean that I will probably have to go back over the ending to match it up with the third quarter (which I have written last), but the process of getting words down feels a whole lot better than either not knowing what to write in the middle of the plot or not feeling in the mood to do it.

Writer’s block is something that I unfortunately suffer often. It also doesn’t help that I can only write in my spare time, for my priorities have to be schoolwork and, well, everything else going on in my life. School holidays are really the only times when I can write to the best of my abilities. In fact, based upon my average typing speed, I estimate that I could finish a first draft of a novel in approximately two months, were I able to dedicate the entirety of everyday to it, as though it were my full time job. However, I do not have that luxury.

Therefore I have to make do with writing a little every week or so, slowly making my way through each novel, just hoping that I can complete a full draft within a year. The effect of this, and this was most visible in drafts of Gift of the Mancynn, is that the feel of the book shifts as it goes on, for my writing style changes over time. As the first draft end up being written over the space of many month, there can be sudden changes in the style, for better or for worse, and so I have to go back over to make things consistent and as best as they can be. Once I get writing, everything goes really smoothly (usually), the only problem is finding the time to do it.





AUTHOR BIO:
My name is Dominic Edward James Hodgson, I am 18 years old and I live in Northamptonshire, England. I am in my final year at Bedford Modern School, and am soon to be going off to university. I spend lots of my free time working on my novel and scripts, but I am also a massive science fiction and horror fan. I attend Comiccons when I can, participate in theatrical productions and have been known to practice archery from time to time. My dream is to make a career of writing novels, of which I have numerous planned, but I would also like the opportunity to work in the production of TV and film, especially to write for some of my favourite shows.


BUY LINKS:
AMAZON US: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D12T522
AMAZON UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01D12T522
AMAZON CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01D12T522
BARNES & NOBLE: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gift-of-the-mancynn-dominic-hodgson/1123544160;jsessionid=6EC4723FA81500C2974ADCE1432A38DE.prodny_store02-atgap06?ean=2940152827590
KOBO: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/gift-of-the-mancynn
GOOGLE PLAY: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Dominic_Hodgson_Gift_of_the_Mancynn?id=hJ2-CwAAQBAJ&hl=en
iBOOKS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1093814079
CREATESPACE: https://www.createspace.com/6134015


A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.