Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Terrance Coffey ~ an interview and his novel ~ Valley of the Kings - The 18th Dynasty


I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Terrance Coffey









BIO:
Terrance Coffey is an author, screenwriter, composer, and Winner of the 2016 International Pacific Book Award for Best Historical Fiction. With a predilection for Egyptian history, he has written numerous short stories, screenplays, television pilots, and even Coca-Cola music jingles. Born in Chicago, Illinois, Terrance now lives in an ambitious little town near Atlanta, Georgia, where he constantly dreams of ancient Egypt.

 BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?
A: I’m definitely a midnight candle burner. I get up at 8am and usually end up in bed by 3am.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have an all time favorite song?
A: My favorite kind of music is Classical but I listen to many genres; pop, r&b, world, rap, dance, about everything. As a songwriter and musician myself, I really love music.

Q: Did you like school when you were a child?
A: I enjoyed the learning aspect of school, but as a child I remember dreading the social part of it. I was an introvert then and still today.

Q: How do you feel about exercise?
A: Though I have never particularly cared for it, I feel like I have exercised most of my adult life. I prefer to think that I exercise now because it’s beneficial to my health, but deep inside I know it’s all vanity.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When did you start writing and why?

A: I started writing screenplays and short films sixteen years ago because I loved that visual medium. A friend of mine read one of my screenplays and suggested I convert it to a novel. At first I didn’t take the suggestion seriously because I had never written a book before, but because he was so tenacious in his opinion that it would make a great novel, I decided to give it a try and from then on I was hooked on the novel writing process.

Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: Telling your story in detail without boring the reader.

Q: Do you write long hand first, or does it go straight into the computer?
A: I prefer to write each chapter long hand first in a notebook then write it again into the computer making necessary changes or embellishments as I transfer it.

Q: Are you a sit down and play it by ear kind of writer, or do you need a structured guideline, or maybe a little of both?
A: I’m an avid believer in outlining and structured guidelines because I like the idea of having a roadmap that will carry me from the beginning to the end of the book. It’s what keeps me focused.

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A: Yes, I always know how my story will end before I start writing it. It helps me plan the treacherous road that lies before it.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF  

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’m working on the sequel to my debut novel Valley of the Kings called The 19th Dynasty and also a sci-fi thriller called “Something Happened to Maggie.”

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: Yes, you can find me here:

www.TerranceCoffey.com
www.twitter.com/terry_coffey

ABOUT THE BOOK
In the year 1355 BCE, the land of Egypt was the superpower of the known world. King Tut's father, Akenaten, the so-called 'heretic pharaoh,' and his wife, Queen Nefertiti, are on the verge of catapulting Egypt into a revolution that will forever divide its people and rip the most powerful empire on the earth from its foundation. Inspired by the actual Hittite and Amarna letters of 14th century BCE, 'Valley of the Kings: The 18th Dynasty' is an epic novel of intrigue, passion, and betrayal, resurrecting the thrilling story of a singular leader whose beliefs were both visionary and disastrous.

Buy Link:


A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.