Friday, February 16, 2018

Keith Edward English ~ character interview and his novel Game of Gods (The Ruination Gods Series)




 TITLE: Game of Gods (The Ruination Gods Series)
RELEASE DATE: June 5, 2017
AUTHOR: Keith Edward English
PAGE COUNT: 342
ISBN: 978-1546361718
IMPRINT: Chimera
CATEGORIES: Fantasy/Action & Adventure




KEYWORDS: fantasy saga, epic fantasy, sword & sorcery, ruination gods, magic, demons, invasion

ONE LINER:
The universe trembles as the gods that preside over it begin bending it to their will, destroying those unfortunate souls caught in their wake.



SYNOPSIS:
Phalax has become a puppet of a god and is forced to obey his demented will, laying waste to the very people he once protected. As Baronfall struggles to recover from the demonic invasion, another threat appears from the mountains, Phalax acting as its spearhead. Stuck inside his steel prison, Phalax watches, helpless and withering, as he demolishes everything in his path. The gods think themselves untouchable, but they are not the only ones who hunt. If the cosmos is going to burn, so too will the gods that pull its strings.


CHARACTER INTERVIEW

This is an interview with Chaetor, the knife-slinging, arrow-shooting, smartass stage actor turned hero.

Me: “What was it like being created and all?”

Chaetor: “Just fantastic. I mean, before Thoughts of Steel, I was nothing. Literally. I didn’t even exist. It’s nice to at least be some crazy bastard’s idea. Although you could have given me more muscle…”

Me: “You really think that would have helped you fire an arrow?”

Chaetor: “No. But maybe with a few situations that could have involved more than one other participant. That’s the stuff that really matters.”

Me: “What’s the deal with you and Arlukent? It seems like you two don’t like each other all that much.”

Chaetor: “Bullshit! I love that old madman. Phalax is too withdrawn. Can’t blame the guy though. Micale hit me in the first thirty seconds of us meeting. So I’m a little ticked off at him, but mostly scared. Daria is cold. Like an icicle. Without Arlukent and me, our group would have been one boring bunch of people. Just because I rail the guy doesn’t mean I don’t like him. Hell I’m probably going to do the same to you. Although in your case I don’t really like you all that much.”

Me: “You speak of agreeing to go along with Arlukent’s plan because being a hero will be one hell of a notch on your belt. Did it go any further than that for you?”

Chaetor: “Notch!? It would have been a whole new belt made of gold and crafted by the sexiest women on Zepzier. That was a huge part of it. Like almost all of it. But I’m not totally consumed by shallow things, just mostly. Some little, tiny piece of me was all for the whole preservation of the human race and whatnot. You could have gotten some other sap to take my place though.”

Me: “When Arlukent showed you your mother’s past, did you react in a way that you didn’t think yourself capable of doing?”

Chaetor: “… To a point. It’s just … I didn’t know about her at all. Well, I did. But not like that. I thought she was nothing more than a whore. Someone who used me to take my father’s money … I didn’t think she had done that for us … For him. I won’t say I expected my reaction. It’s not like I’m unable to feel that way about stuff. I have deep emotions too. But that was just something that destroyed everything I had believed my whole life then told me something new. And there was no guessing. I knew it was right. I loved her. I still do.”

Me: “We won’t give away the book but what is one thing you wish you could have done before the end?”

Chaetor: “That’s a real tough one. Everything changes at the end. And I won’t give it away, as much as I want to. This is one of those times where I’m supposed to feel all deep and think hard, huh? Okay, give me a minute. There’s a lot that comes to my mind. But the most important. The last thing I would have done before we went at that demon lord son of a bitch … Honestly, if I’m being just completely truthful to myself and to everyone, it’d be to watch Arlukent try to pick up a girl. That would have been gold. Like rolling on the floor, slapping my knee, throw my head back and lose it kind of funny. ‘Would you like to see a magic trick? Now let’s see if this confounded thing still works.’ Then he’d start casting spells at his junk, dancing around, mumbling little magic words. It’d be great. And the others would all have to be there too to see it.’


AUTHOR BIO:
Keith lives in Stockton, CA, teaching Krav Maga at American Martial Arts Academy. He enjoys a nice cigar on rare occasions but cannot exist long without good beer. He absolutely loves metal and rock, In Flames and Lamb of God his musical bread and butter. Besides teaching Krav and headbanging to metal, Keith also enjoys the outdoors, its furry and feathery inhabitants, drawing, and spending time with his loved ones.



AUTHOR LINKS:
http://www.twitter.com/kedwardenglish, https://www.facebook.com/keith.english.359
http://dargonzine.org/author/kenglish/

AMAZON US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716LFXTM
AMAZON UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716LFXTM
AMAZON CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0716LFXTM
BARNES & NOBLE: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/game-of-gods-keith-edward-english/1126497374?ean=9781546361718
CREATESPACE: https://www.createspace.com/7128875

PAPERBACK: https://www.amazon.com/Game-Gods-Ruination-2/dp/1546361715/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498690919&sr=8-1&keywords=game+of+gods+keith



Brought to you by:

A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the 
Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.