Monday, January 21, 2019

Dani Gray ~ an interview and her novel Tomorrow's Today



 I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Dani Gray



AUTHOR BIO
I’ve been an avid reader for as long as I can remember. I still remember one of the first books I read, it was the Bobbsey Twins. As I got older, I moved into more the interesting books, but some of the typo’s made me nuts! So, after contacting writers I started a career of where I began editing, beta reading and brainstorming. After being harassed for a couple of years by some of the writers, I gave in and have now begun to write.

I live in central Canada with my hubby of over 25 years, 4 kids, and 5 grandkids. We have a collection of pets, including our guard cat. I love nothing more than curling up with a good book, or my laptop to work on the next thing that catches the muse. I would love to hear from readers, you can find me at

Blog: https://authordanigray.blogspot.ca/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=author.dani.gray
Twitter: https://twitter.com/authordanigray


BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU

Q: Snack of choice – chips, pretzels, popcorn, or cookies, cake, candy? Or maybe you’re a healthy snacker - fruit, yogurt, nuts, raisins?
A: I’m addicted to Tostitoes when writing, and I have to have salsa on hand too.

Q: Have you ever been too embarrassed to promote any certain titles to friends or family?

A: Nope, I’m proud of being able to write. I began in this genre because my gay son asked for books. I’ve always loved romance books, but can’t get enough of the M/M books.

Q: Favorite color?
A: Royal blue.

Q: Dress up or dress down?
A: Dress down, I’m most comfy in flannel sleep pants and hubby’s t-shirts.

Q: Dine in or dine out?

A: Depends, if someone else does dishes after I’ve cooked dinner.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT

Q: When crafting the story do you go from beginning to end, or do you jump around writing the scenes that are pushing themselves forward in your brain?
A: I just sit at the computer and let go, sometimes it feels like my brain is on vacation and my fingers just go on their merry way.

Q: Do you always know how a story will end when you begin writing it?
A: Not a clue.

Q: Have your characters ever taken the story in a different direction than you had originally planned? Do you have a for instance, for us?
A: Oh yeah. One of my current WIP’s, I had no idea one of the main characters was going to be a shifter.

Q: What elements have you Never put in your stories? And why?
Para/ Normal, Fantasy, Futuristic, Other
A: So far, I haven’t run into anything like that. I’ve never been one who hides or sugarcoats crap, so I won’t do that in my stories. If it needs to be part of the storyline, or plot, in it goes.

Q: What seasons do you like your stories to open up in?
A: Never really thought about it, I just go with what seems right for the story.

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’m actually working on 3 books at the moment, the one really speaking to me started on Stormy Glenn’s Manlove blog.
          This is the one that I didn’t even know that one of the characters is a shifter. Mind you, I like going with the different, so he’s a Fenric Fox shifter.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: I’m hoping to have the current book out in time for Halloween, my problem, still don’t have a title for it.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: Blog: https://authordanigray.blogspot.ca/
     Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=author.dani.gray

Blurb
Adam Richards was a normal guy, out with some friends, and in a drunken dare wrote the rules for the Church of the People. After being attacked for being gay, his parents put him into cryogenic sleep until medicine could find a way to help him heal from the damage done to his body and brain.

Enath Rozokad was the commander of the demon warriors sent to protect the pod with the Supreme Leader in it. Unfortunately at the time of the rescue, the kidnappers detonated some explosives, including one on the pod.

When Adam woke up, in an unknown future as the religious leader, looking at all the different species in this Empire he suddenly found himself in, Adam didn’t know if he could live in tomorrow’s today.

Excerpt
Adam couldn’t take his gaze away from Enath. While the man was huge, and very purple, he was beautiful. Somehow Adam didn’t think he would like be told that.

“What happened after they set off the bomb?” Adam looked into the black eyes, so very different from any human’s eyes. There was no white to them, just pure black.

“Thankfully, we had planned anticipated them destroying your pod.” Enath said. “We had some medics with us and something we were able to transfer you into. We also had the medic pod work on you to make sure we could wake you. From what we understand, the church was afraid to wake you because they were concerned for your safety. Once you had been rescued from them, we sought their approval to treat and wake you. We were sure they would have attempted to either kill you or sabotage the pod, so we went in prepared for most any outcome.”

“How long did it take to get to me? Was I okay when you found me?” Adam was holding his breath, wanting to know what happened. Which he found odd, since it was about him.

“Well,” Enath continued, “once we got the debris moved out of the way, the alarms were going off, telling us that the temperature was rising in the pod. We waited until it was safe to open, then transferred you to our medical pod. While it was doing the repairs from the damage your body had from the beating, it was also making sure that you would be able to wake up in a safe manner.”

“How bad was the damage to my body from the beating? I don’t even know what happened to me?” Adam turned to look at Airden, hoping he could tell him what happened.

“Well, I was one of the healers who went on the rescue mission. What I found after we transferred you to the medical pod was that there were quite a few broken bones, as well as some major trauma to your brain. Thankfully, our pods are equipped to help repair the damage using nano robots. Once they are finished their job, they will leave the body.”

“You had robots in my body?” Adam didn’t know if he was happy with that or scared shitless. “Are you sure they are gone?”

“I am positive they are gone. Part of the programming of the pod is to confirm that they have all left the body. They are then purified for the next person who might need the pod. We try not to perform any type of surgery because of the increased risk in accidental damage to the body. Also, the chances of any type of infection are greatly reduced by using the robots and the medical pod. At the same time, the medical pod can stop any type of disease from spreading to a population that might not have a way to combat it. It prevents a civilization from being destroyed.”

“That is so cool!” Adam enthused. “That could have saved so many lives back on Earth.”

“It’s now a technology that we have shared with Earth’s medical personnel. We have also been showing them that using herbs instead of making a chemical medication is so much better for the body.” Airden was getting into lecture mode. “The body isn’t designed for chemicals. So, by using the nano robots and herbs, we can help someone who is hurt or ill much better than trying to poison the body with chemicals.”

“Wow,” Adam looked at Airden in awe. “That is so amazing.”

Adam grinned at the disgruntled sound that he heard from Enath.

“Don’t worry big guy, I think you’re pretty hot. I just find it fascinating that they are able to help people so much better these days.”

Adam was sure he was able to see a blush creeping up Enath’s face, but it was hard to tell.

Looking back at Airden, he quizzed him. “When can I get out of here? Where am I?”

Adam looked around, trying to see if there was a window he could look out of.

“Also, what date is it on Earth?”

Airden looked down at his device, that Adam personally thought looked like a tablet.

“Today is October thirty-first, two thousand, five hundred and ten.”

“Wow today is Halloween on Earth. It’s also my birthday, today I’m five hundred and twelve. Damn, I’ve aged better than some wines.”

He glanced at Enath when he gently squeezed his hand. “Would it bother you to know you are no longer on Earth?”

Adam sat back and thought about it for a moment. He always loved anything science fiction, movies, books, anything. He always wished he could see other planets.

Grinning at the other two men, Adam began to laugh.

“I love it!”

I’m happy you could join me on Books and Banter. I hope you had fun with the Q & A’s.

Honestly, yes I did. This has been fun!

I look forward to your next Visit on 2/21/19

A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs
Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.