Monday, December 30, 2019

Steve Grogan ~ an interview and his novel ~ Maybe The Dream Knows What Is Real



I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME AUTHOR
Steve Grogan


BLURB:
He was lost, directionless, unable to find his identity. He thought he found it in her, which was good because he was teetering on the edge of madness. She had no way of knowing her actions would push him over it.

This novella is part splatterpunk, part erotica, part psychological study of an unstable mind, told in Steve's highly visual and deeply emotional prose.

Some stories have protagonists/narrators for which you can feel empathy, or at the very least you can feel sorry for them. This isn't one of those tales.

This is a story about a young man who makes the mistake of depending on others to give him a sense of self-worth. It is a dark, disturbing story not meant for the faint of heart. The graphic content makes up only 15% of the prose, but it is some of the most harrowing writing ever committed to page.

BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU
Q: Are you a morning person, or a midnight candle burner?A: I am more of a morning person, but if something happens (for example, I get inspiration for a story) late at night, then I can stay up for a long time.

Q: Tell me one thing about each of the four seasons you like. It can be anything.
A:  Winter = cuddling weather
      Spring = not too hot, not too cold
      Summer = no need to shiver endlessly when getting out of the shower
      Fall = hoody weather, plus it is the season of Halloween

Q: Tell me something you would like your readers (fans) to know about you.
A: I will always write from my gut, NEVER just to cash in on a trend.

BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT
Q: When did you start writing and why?
A: Seventh grade. I had no friends, and my piece of garbage stepfather was in my life. I wanted to create a world where I had control.

Q: Where do you get your ideas?
A: Sometimes they are based on things that happened to me, and I want to make them turn out a different way, so I stick them in a story and have things turn out differently than they did in reality. Other times they come to me in the form of “what if” questions.

Q: How did you come to write your genre of choice?
A: Well, I write in a few different genres, so there are a few answers for that. I got into horror because of Stephen King and Clive Barker. In tenth grade someone told me the song “Killing an Arab” by the Cure was based on THE STRANGER by Albert Camus, so I read that, and a whole new world of possibilities opened up to me. After reading that, I consumed a lot of books that you used to be able to find in the high-falutin’ “literary” section of a book store, like ULYSSES, GRAVITY’S RAINBOW, and NAKED LUNCH.

Q: What do you think is the hardest part of writing a book?
A: If you create a world in your story that has certain rules (for example, a virus kills half the world’s population), then you must always STICK to them. Sometimes there might be a temptation to deviate from the rules for a dramatic purpose, but if you do that, then you are betraying yourself and the reader.

Q: What is your favorite part of writing?
A: Turning the skeletal outline in my mind into a fully fleshed out story.

Q; Now your least favorite part?
A: Having to put writing on hold so I can promote! (I don’t have enough time in my life to do both. Promoting one story means not being able to write a new one.)

BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF
Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’ve got a lot of ideas that haven’t been written yet. The one I am going to work on next is about a guy who wakes up one day and finds he has the ability to heal people. Word gets out about this, and it soon takes over his life.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Not at the moment.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: https://stevegroganauthor.com/ and here is a link for the story I am promoting the most these days: https://www.amazon.com/Maybe-Dream-Knows-What-Real-ebook/dp/B07F1QTN8R/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=maybe+the+dream+knows+what+is+real+steve+grogan&qid=1574543306&sr=8-1

A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs
Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.