Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Miranda Lynn ~ presents ~ Jerome


Title: Jerome
Author: Miranda Lynn
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Black Mountain Pack #0
Add to your TBR - Goodreads

Blurb:
An alpha who has to think outside of the box to secure his pack’s survival.
With every shifter species in jeopardy, Jerome has a plan that he knows will work. Convincing the rest of the supernatural world is the next step.
Sterling has always supported Jerome's vision and travels with him to help him convince the council, but also to make sure he comes out of that meeting alive.
What they come home to will change Jerome's world for good.

Purchase here:




Excerpt:
I shouted over the noise, “Secure the women and cubs and meet back here. Regroup quickly, don’t get singled out.” I watched the clouds above build on top of each other like mountains of pitch black wool. Lightning flashed giving short glimpses of the chaos around me. I continued my search for Jackie. My mate had taken off to help with the cubs, but I had lost her in the fray. Gunfire erupted to my right and I veered left, Sterling following me. “I have to find Jackie, she’s not answering me through the bond.”

“Jerome, I’m sure she’s with the other women. We need to help the rest. They need a leader right now, someone has to tell them what to do and where to go.” He grabbed my arm to stop me.

I took a deep breath. He was right. I fought my wolf for control. I would have felt it through the mate bond if something had happened to her. “Okay, our only option right now is to flee. We weren’t prepared for this attack, and they cut us off from the armory. Let’s gather all we can and head for the tunnels.”

“Lead the way, boss, I’m right behind you.”

Sterling and I took advantage of each flash of lightning to gather the pack. We led them to the tunnels constructed for times like this. They wove through the country coming out at a safe house that was more of a lean-to than a house at this point. Sterling and I had thrown it together in a few days after the hunts began. We were the last ones to enter the tunnel, having ushered the pack ahead of us, many of them running on four paws instead of two legs.

An explosion rocked the tunnels when Sterling and I were halfway through. Dirt and debris fell forcing us to turn back the way we had come and separating us from the rest of the pack. We emerged covered in dirt, coughing it out of our lungs, and found ourselves surrounded by armed men and robed women. The men raised their guns and the women raised their arms, the sleeves of their robes falling back and symbols on their skin began to glow as they chanted.

“Witches,” Sterling growled beneath his breath.

The clouds lowered and lightning struck the ground around us raising the hairs on my arm with the electricity. I searched for a way out as four of the circle moved to form a gap, their arms still raised to the sky. Two tall and thick muscular forms lumbered slowly through. I couldn’t make out their faces as the shadows hid them from view. The clouds swirled around their feet as series of lightning strikes illuminated the space that opened between them. The last strike of light was timed perfectly as they tossed a limp female form next to use in the circle.

“No!” I screamed when I recognized Jackie through our bond before I saw her face. She had been badly beaten. They tossed her on the ground like a rag doll, and before I could reach her the lightning struck again, this time within the circle of witches. Once, twice, and finally a third time. I fell to my knees, howling in pain as the mating bond was ripped away, and a part of my soul with it. I crawled to her as gunfire erupted around me. I didn’t care what happened at that moment, I prayed for death to take me. For a bullet to find my heart and end this pain, but the bullets weren’t aimed at Sterling or I. The circle of people around us fell one at a time. With the witches dead, the clouds dissipated, and the sun returned to illuminate the death and destruction left behind.

A black SUV stopped a few feet from us. The passenger side door opened revealing a shifter I had never before met. He stepped over the bodies and looked down at me. “We need to have a chat, Alpha. Let me help you with your mate when you are ready. Let me provide a proper send off and burial. The threat of hunters is gone, take your time.” He looked at Sterling. “Signal me when you are ready.”

“What about those that made it through the tunnel?” Sterling asked.

“I’m sorry, there are no survivors. Just you two, and those you hid elsewhere.”

I ignored the rest of their conversation as I lay down next to Jackie and wept.

Author Bio:
Time Travel and Paranormal Romance author. Her Destiny series takes you on a roller coaster ride through time with sexy Highlanders and sassy female heroines. If shifters are your kryptonite then check out her Black Mountain Pack series which throws a twist on the traditional shifter lore.
Miranda is a mother to two teenage boys who are sure they know it all, a 75lb lapdog, and a 15lb foot warmer. She is thankful her husband doesn't mind the extra voices in her head.
Miranda is an only child who grew up on a dairy farm in Illinois which left her plenty of time to make up stories in her head for entertainment. She currently resides in Tennessee where she wonders if Mother Nature will ever stop with the hormonal mood swings. She fuels herself with coffee, chocolate, and wine.




A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs
Come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.