Monday, January 27, 2020

Steve Grogan ~ 3rd interview and his novel ~ Maybe The Dream Knows What Is Real

I AM PLEASED TO WELCOME BACK AUTHOR
Steve Grogan for his 3rd appearance 



BLURB:

He was lost, directionless, unable to find his identity. He thought he found it in her, which was good because he was teetering on the edge of madness. She had no way of knowing her actions would push him over it.


This novella is part splatterpunk, part erotica, part psychological study of an unstable mind, told in Steve's highly visual and deeply emotional prose.

Some stories have protagonists/narrators for which you can feel empathy, or at the very least you can feel sorry for them. This isn't one of those tales.

This is a story about a young man who makes the mistake of depending on others to give him a sense of self-worth. It is a dark, disturbing story not meant for the faint of heart. The graphic content makes up only 15% of the prose, but it is some of the most harrowing writing ever committed to page.



BANTER – STUFF ABOUT YOU


Q: Did you like school when you were a child?
A: No, I hated it. Hated every double-standard, identity-crushing minute of it, especially during grade school when I was too weak to stand up for myself. I remember the teachers saying at the beginning of the school year, “Everyone learns at a different pace, so don’t make fun of anyone just because it takes them longer to understand something.” They SAID this, but they didn’t believe it, because I remember being yelled at quite often for not giving the right answer. So it’s not okay to make fun of someone, but it’s okay to yell at them, to humiliate them in front of the rest of the class? What were they thinking that would do to little egos?

Q: Texting, love it or hate it?
A: I don’t mind it sometimes, but every now and then, I find myself needing to say something that is just too long to text, so then I try to call someone…and THAT is when texting gets on my nerves, because the same person who has been texting me back and forth for hours (which means they are OBVIOUSLY near the phone) won’t pick up!


BOOKS – ABOUT THE CRAFT


Q: Which of your own releases was your particular favorite?
A: MAYBE THE DREAM KNOWS WHAT IS REAL

Q: How do you handle a writer's block?
A: Practice martial arts, play guitar, watch a movie.

Q: Do you write longhand first, or does it go straight into the computer?
A: Longhand. I like to write on my breaks at work, and the only way to do that is to scribble away in a notebook.

Q: Are you a sit down and play it by ear kind of writer, or do you need a structured guideline, or maybe a little of both?
A: I write an outline, but it has just the bare minimum of detail. That way I can keep things flexible if the need arises.

Q: When crafting the story do you go from beginning to end, or do you jump around writing the scenes that are pushing themselves forward in your brain?
A: Definitely from beginning to end.



BOOKS - NOW LETS PROMOTE – STRUT YOUR STUFF

Q: What are you working on now? Would you like to share anything about it?
A: I’ve got a lot of ideas that haven’t been written yet. The one I am going to work on next is about a guy who wakes up one day and finds he has the ability to heal people. Word gets out about this, and it soon takes over his life.

Q: Do you have a new book coming out soon? Tell us about it.
A: Not at the moment.

Q: How can we find you? Do you have a web page, FaceBook page or any buy links?
A: https://stevegroganauthor.com/ and here is a link for the story I am promoting the most these days: https://www.amazon.com/Maybe-Dream-Knows-What-Real-ebook/dp/B07F1QTN8R/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=maybe+the+dream+knows+what+is+real+steve+grogan&qid=1574543306&sr=8-1

A reminder to the reader ~ before you leave be sure to take a look at the
Funny/Stupid and Interesting Tabs
Come back and visit again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I appreciate your input.